11.

toni braxton — shoes & toy

toni braxton — shoes & toy. ⤴

Janet almost died in my car.  First, she throws up everywhere, then, she nearly dies. What the heck? I ran my hand down my face, wiping the subtle tears the coursed down them. I don't know if I was crying for her or the fear of all that just went down. 

She was talking to the doctor now, and I was trying my best to listen. I was looking down into my phone because I didn't want her to see me crying. That's so uncalled for. I don't need her worrying about me. The doctor said she's allergic to peanut butter. 

Childish allergy if you ask me. 

But, apparently the the Twix she'd put in her frozen yogurt had peanuts in them. That didn't make sense because Twix's don't have peanuts in them but whatever. The most important thing is that Janet is okay. And alive. The doctor was about to call her emergency contact, who was Ciara. But I stopped her just in time. 

We don't need the funky monkey coming here and bothering me. I'll set my house on fire with her in it if she tries me enough. But anyway, Janet was free to leave now. The doctor came over and told me that she'd be a bit tired for the rest of the day and slightly out of it but I didn't even care. 

I went over to the bed and Janet had her eyes closed again. I tapped her shoulder and she opened them back up. Her eyes were super big and when she started talking her voice sounded so sore. It's from them putting that tube down her throat to open her airways again. 

"You ready to go?" I asked in a soft tone. I really don't know why I was speaking so soft but I'll just go with it. She nodded her head and reached for my hand to help her out the bed. I did that and left the room so she could put her shirt and stuff on. That had to give her CPR or something like that. 

Janet walked out her hospital room and immediately took my hand. I frowned my eyebrows but let it rock since she's out of it. The doctor gave her a few EpiPen's and we left. We were walking back to the car so slow. I helped her get in the car and then started driving back to the house. 

"Do think the frozen yogurt is melted?" I heard Janet croak and I looked at her briefly before looking back to the road. 

"I doubt it, I always keep an insulated bag in the car." I told her. She hummed before closing her eyes back. I don't know what pain killers they gave her but they sure were working. 

"I want some when we get home." She informed me.

 Oh? Sir, yes sir? That medication was giving her a bit of boldness. 

"I thought you didn't like that kind." I scoffed softly, I heard her chuckle before shaking her head and looking at me. 

"I don't but it'll help with my throat. It's super sore." She explained. I guess that makes sense.