32.

Aye i'll update again if y'all show  out w the comments. 

toni braxton - hair

toni braxton - hair. ⤴

I was staring in the mirror, fixing my locs. After my aunt passed, I changed my hair. And my style. I started wearing all the masc clothes I left at her house before I went to college. The therapist Jan made me go to said something about it making me feel close to her again.

She also said it'd most likely go back to my old style eventually but I didn't think so. It's been almost seven months since she passed and I can't even think about putting a dress and heels on.

I finished college too. Janet was the only one I wanted at my graduation. So now I had my master's degree in psychology or whatever.

Janet was supposed to graduate next year, and I couldn't wait to be her biggest supporter when she walked across the stage.

Speaking of Janet, she just came over and was blasting Jhene Aiko in my living room. Yeah, we don't live together. Although technically she's still in my house. I moved to Georgia while Jan stayed in the other house with Jas and Shay. I trusted them enough to stay in the house with her.

"Babe, can you come here!" I called her from the bathroom, I wanted her to do that one style she sent me on Pinterest that one time.

She came into the bathroom pretty quickly and wrapped her arms around my waist, looking at me through the mirror.

"Yes, love?" She kissed my cheek and put her head on my shoulder. The dynamic of our relationship changed a lot over time too. I'd became much softer after losing my aunt. I didn't want to be all hard and miss out on making memories with the people I loved.

That was one of the things my aunt and I talked about.

And Janet was in therapy, so all the trauma that caused her to be all shy and stuff of that nature was starting to heal pretty well.

"Can you help me with that style?" I turned around and smiled at her, I literally only did the style when she came to visit me or when I went to visit her. She rolls her eyes and grabs the hair-ties.

As she should.

Once my hair was done and Janet finished getting dressed, we had to go to the bank. My lawyer called and said I had a few more papers to sign for my new building.

I was opening a practice here in Georgia. What me and Aunt Kelly had talked about was what she wanted me to do when she passed. Apperently I was the only next of kin she listed so she put everything in my name. So her life insurance was around three million, and then she had about seven million in her bank.

And then her lawyer, who is now my lawyer; explained to me that she was a share holder in a few multi-million dollar companies that I now had. Some also came from Aunt M.