Chapter 53: Interrogation

Begin

~Normal POV

They arrived at the police station. Yu was thankful his uncle trusted him enough to not have to force him to follow him in. Upon getting inside, they met up with Adachi. Who had been waiting for them by the front desk.

"Hey, what's going on?" Adachi asked, curiously.

Dojima ignored his question. "Here." He handed him the letter. "Take this down to the crime lab for processing. It was in my mailbox. Then come to the interrogation room. We need to have a little talk with him." He said, nodding to Yu.

Adachi read the letter and his eyes widened with worry. "Holy crap... Yes, Dojima-san!" He hurried off down the hall.

Dojima made Yu follow him in a similar direction. They stopped beside a certain door. One marked "Interrogation Room." Yu mentally shuddered as he was forced to go inside. He didn't think his uncle and Adachi would be cruel enough to do so, but he was aware of the things officers in their country were allowed to do to make a suspect talk. Surely they wouldn't go that far... He hadn't even actually committed a crime if you thought about it. Except perhaps vigilantism. A few minutes later, Adachi joined them in the room, firmly shutting the door behind him.

"Sit." Dojima commanded.

Yu obeyed and sat down on a chair near the door, while Dojima took the seat across from him. Adachi took a spot standing behind Yu. Both close enough to block the door, and to grab him if he dared try to move an inch. He didn't blame his friend in this situation, he was just doing his job- this was all standard protocol. The room was small and windowless. There was a table and two chairs in the center. In one corner there was a hard-looking bed. Likely for detaining a suspect over multiple days. There was a small desk and chair in another corner. On the wall was a bulletin board with a few notices on it. It was cold and eerily quiet, like an interrogation room should be. The only odd thing in here was an old CRT tv sitting on top of a dresser in the upper left corner behind Dojima. Yu figured this room must occasionally be used for more than just questioning, since there was no reason to keep such a thing in here.

Naturally, the first thing they did was confiscate everything he was carrying. His phone, watch, keys, and wallet were all put into a small container. Dojima ignored it when Yu's phone started ringing. He hoped that wasn't important... Luckily for Yu, he kept a majority of their tv world earned funds in a safe spot in his room. It would have been bad, and even more suspicious, to be carrying around that much cash all the time. But this did mean he now had no sense of how long he was going to be in here. He could faintly hear thunder outside. It sounded like the storm was starting up...

"Dojima-san, is this really necessary?" Adachi asked, "I'm sure if you just talked to him calmly at home, he'd be honest."

"Shut it, Adachi," Dojima replied. "He won't talk, so this is for his own good."

Adachi sighed. "Yes, sir..." He gave Yu an apologetic look.

"Now, speak up." Dojima commanded, turning his attention back to his nephew. "What have you gotten yourself into? What was that warning letter about? Why would you be sent something like that?"

"I told you already..." Yu said. He went on to properly explain everything, practically from the beginning. Everything about the other world, and even their powers. Though, he decided it best to avoid mentioning the Velvet Room.

Of course, they didn't believe him at all. Even with the full story.

"I thought you'd finally tell me what's really going on here..." Dojima said, exasperatedly.