Chapter 70: Epilogue

Begin!

~Normal POV

7/28 - Saturday

Yu walked into Inaba station with a smile. It was finally summer vacation, and he was able to come home again. The weather was perfectly sunny today. He walked ahead and noticed a small crowd of people gathered around a man standing on a podium. The man was easily recognizable, it was Taro Namatame. He seemed to be giving a speech of sorts. He heard somebody in the crowd mention that he was running for mayor. Yu couldn't say he'd vote for him, personally, but he might be a good choice for the town. He was definitely a man who'd seen the light.

But he had more pressing matters on his mind. Nobody was here to welcome him? He did call to say he was coming today. Where was everyone? Hm. They're probably at Dojima's waiting to surprise him or something. Well, he knew the way on foot.

~...

Damn- Nobody was at the house either? Well, it didn't take Yu long to guess where the gang might be right now. There was only one other possible location. He made his way to the Junes food court. When he arrived, he saw a few customers around, but nobody he knew. That is until he noticed somebody hiding behind a decorative bush. He rolled his eyes. Most of the gang were not particularly good at subtly.

There was a loud thud from the spot before he heard the familiar voice of Yosuke saying, "Ow! You're going to give us away, idiot!"

"Too late for that," Yu said, playfully, "I can see you guys, ya know."

That was all it took before Yosuke and Teddie came out of their feeble hiding spot and ran up to hug him.

"Sensei!" Teddie whined, crying happy tears and crushing him in his hug.

"Ugh... Ted..." Yu tried to say. Teddie always gave weirdly strong hugs for how scrawny he was in human form.

He appeared to be a bit taller now though, and wasn't dressed as fashionably as usual. Meanwhile, Yosuke looked like he'd gotten a haircut, it wasn't as unkempt as before.

"What are you guys doing?!" Chie asked, "This isn't anything like we planned!"

The others made their way up to them from wherever they were hiding. He slowly took in their new appearances. Chie looked like she'd grown her hair out a bit, it was fluffier than before. And Yukiko was wearing her hair up in a bun for a change. It was nice to see.

"And Ted, don't hog him all to yourself," Yukiko added, smiling. Teddie got the message and let go of Yu at last.

Yu gave Chie and Yukiko hugs at the same time. With them citing that he "had two arms so it was only right!"

"Oh, it's so good to see you," Yukiko said, happily.

"Hah, I'm happy to be back." Yu replied, as they let go of him.

"Senpai!" Rise shouted eagerly, throwing herself at him next in her usual manner. "You're here, you're here! Did you miss me?!"

Yu hugged her tight with a bright smile. "You know I did!"

He was utterly baffled. Rise looked more gorgeous than ever! She had grown her hair out and it was no longer done up in pigtails. It fell over her shoulders in lovely waves. He liked this look much better on her. She quickly gave him a welcome home kiss, but knew it shouldn't last too long. He wasn't just here to see her, after all. And more kisses could wait until they got some alone time. Alone time that would definitely come soon, if she had anything to say about it.

Finally, Yu settled his gaze onto Kanji and Naoto. Who... if he was being completely honest, he didn't even recognize at first because of how different they looked!