Chapter 10: Welcoming Yukiko

Begin!

~Normal POV

4/29 - Friday

The wait for Yukiko's recovery had felt longer than it really was. Yu spent his time trying to occupy himself. Hanging out with Yosuke and Chie when able, training with the basketball team, or going to drama practice. He even took up a part time job at a daycare. The extra money would be useful for buying better equipment. They needed every possible edge if they were hunting down a murderer, after all.

It had been raining for two days in a row; along with raining all of today, too. Thankfully, Dojima liked to keep the news on consistently, so Yu was able to catch the weather report while having dinner this evening. They said the fog was coming in tonight. While there shouldn't be any issues, since they know they saved Yukiko, he still decided to check the tv. You can never be too careful with a situation like this.

Once it got close to midnight, Yu checked his window. "Yep... there's the fog..." He couldn't see anything outside with it being so thick. No wonder the killer was able to display the bodies without anyone seeing. He quickly turned his attention to his tv.

The clock struck midnight and the tv sprang on again. Yu breathed out in relief. The screen was totally blank. No silhouettes. Nobody's Shadow. The killer was thwarted... at least this time.

~...

4/30 - Saturday

Today was finally another sunny day. The constant rain had a way of bringing one down. Upon arriving at the school gates, Yu spotted Yukiko waiting there. She looked to be feeling much better, especially if her parents were letting her come back now.

"Hey," He greeted, smiling.

"Oh, good morning." Yukiko replied, brightly.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, I'll be coming to school again so... that'll be nice." Her smile faltered. "I caused everyone some real trouble... I'm sorry... No, sorry isn't quite right... What I mean to say is, thank you."

"Of course," Yu said, "We couldn't just stand back and do nothing."

Yukiko smiled gratefully. "Ah- also, my mother's back to work already too. The maids are being really supportive, and I think things are going even smoother than before. I wonder if I was trying too hard... I may have been too caught up in the idea that I had to do everything myself. Ever since the incident, I feel like I can think about these things more calmly. But..." She flushed. "It's still kind of embarrassing... You guys saw everything... even the things I didn't want to admit..."

Yu shrugged. "Everyone's like that."

"You think so?"

He nodded. "Anyway, we're all gonna have to meet up after school. I know it'll be rough, but we do need to talk about the case."

"Yes, I would like to hear more about what exactly happened to me," Yukiko said, giggling a little.

~...

After school, the four teens met up on the roof to discuss the case. They explained to Yukiko about the Midnight Channel, and how the tv world worked. All things considered she took it rather calmly. Probably from seeing it herself first before getting a full explanation.

"We're sorry to have to ask again, but do you remember anything now," Yosuke asked.

Yukiko thought for a moment. "No... I thought I might remember something if I let it sit for a while, but as time passes, it only gets hazier..." She closed her eyes, straining to recall anything. "I think... the doorbell rang at the entrance... and someone called for me... but when I woke up after that, I was already in that castle... I'm sorry."