Chapter 31: Day Out in Okina

Begin!

~Normal POV

8/7 - Sunday

Yu had been keeping busy the last few days. With the culprit caught, they could all relax and enjoy their summer. He had some obligations to his friends and his jobs, so he took to spending time with them. Today he finally had another chance to spend a day with Rise. He'd been looking forward to it.

This time, instead of touring Inaba more, Rise took him out to Okina City. This was a city located near Inaba that was just a train ride away. Since Rise was still working on getting her license with the other girls, they took the train instead of his scooter. Fun as it sounded, he didn't want to get caught "seating two" on his ride. His uncle told him he'd take the thing away if he ever broke any laws. The two arrived in Okina around noon.

"Whew, that was a long trip..." Rise said, stretching as they exited the station. She perked up eagerly again fast though and added. "It'll take time to get back, so let's walk around quick!"

"Are you looking for anything in particular here," Yu asked, "Or are you just gonna buy whatever?"

"I'm looking for a one-piece of course!" She answered, mischievously, "Make sure you take notice when I wear it, ok?" She added, winking at him.

Yu felt himself turn pink. He tried to avoid thinking about her Shadow and how she looked in that bikini... Something he tried very hard to forget.

Thankfully, Rise changed the subject, so he didn't have to think too long. "Oh, come to think of it, where does Kanji buy his clothes," She wondered aloud, curiously tapping her chin. "You can't find pointy stuff like those at Junes, can you?"

Yu shrugged. "I don't know, I never asked."

"Does he buy them online...? Maybe he makes them...?"

While she was distracted, Yu watched as a guy their age approached them. He had a feeling he knew why considering how the guy was looking at Rise...

"Um... Hi, a-aren't you Risette?" The guy asked, stumbling over his words nervously.

Rise calmly shook her head and answered. "No... I'm not. Let's go, senpai." She took Yu's arm and dragged them both away before he could pester them more.

They spent the rest of the day looking through various stores. Rise bought some things, and Yu offered to carry the bags for her without hesitation. He didn't really care about being made into a pack mule. He just knew she wasn't too strong on her own and didn't want to be a dick and make her carry it all. She seemed to be having fun. It made sense- she was a celebrity. She couldn't just go out and buy her own stuff before now. It wasn't all that easy though.

It seemed that every store they tried, Rise had at least one or two people approach her with the same question. And despite how she denied it, it was obvious they recognized her. Either from her music, fashion line, commercials, or her movies. Yu could tell this treatment was getting on her nerves too. She was calm and polite to all of them, but once he finally shooed the last of the "spectators" away for her, she sighed with frustration and sat down on a nearby bench. He set down her bags and joined her side.

"They just never learn!" She shouted, tiredly. She seemed to be smiling despite the annoyance. "But I told them! I told them today, senpai! 'No, I'm not.' 'You're mistaken.' 'I'm not Risette!'" She laughed lightly. "And it's true... I'm no longer Risette... I'm just an ordinary girl... Which is fine with me!"

"If that's what you want," Yu said, smiling. At least she didn't let it ruin her day.

"I never thought I'd be out in public like this." Rise said, blissfully. "I love Inaba, senpai... You see the same faces every day, rumors spread fast, and there are times when it gets on my last nerve... And sometimes, I feel like I might be better off if I was in a big city full of strangers... But even then, I love that town. You're there. Grandma's there... And above all, there's something I can do there."