Chapter 67: The Ski Trip

Side-note: Alright, for the purposes of this book, a good chunk of this part won't be shown in detail. Mainly because a lot happens in this part of the game, and it happens rather quickly. If you're mad, then I'm sorry, but this was the decision I ultimately made.

Begin!

~Normal POV

2/11 - Saturday

As a final group hang-out before Yu had to go home next month, the team had collectively decided on a ski trip to a lodge up in the nearby mountains. It'd be a little weird since some of them didn't know how to ski at all, but they agreed to it anyway. Yu had some practice skiing already. His parents once took him to a lodge for a family trip, and he learned the sport fast. He promised Rise that he'd give her a few lessons, since she said she was out of practice with it. The other nice thing about the trip was that it was just going to be the team going. Everyone had gotten permission from their guardians to go without adult supervision. That was bound to be either a blessing or a terrible idea, depending on how it would go. They were going to stay for two days and one night at the lodge.

They arrived at their destination early in the morning. (Today was a holiday from school so they had the whole weekend for once.) Since Inaba was close to the mountains anyway, the train ride took no time at all. Upon careful consideration, Yu decided that he was paying for the whole thing with their tv world earned funds. With only the gang going, without any adults around, they could go all out to their leisure. And it wasn't like the money was getting much use otherwise. This was a good way to spend it. Plus, well, he had an... idea for this trip that he wouldn't be able to accomplish unless he got his own room.

"Ok, here's our room keys." Yu handed one to Yosuke. "Here, bro, this is for you and Teddie." He passed one to Kanji. "Kanji, you get your own room."

"Why do I have to share when he doesn't," Yosuke whined.

"You already live with Ted anyway," Kanji said, smirking. "You know he can't be trusted with his own room in a place like this. Somebody's gotta keep an eye on him so he doesn't rack up our bill."

Yosuke frowned. "Fair..." He couldn't argue with that logic. His dumb bear bro was just gonna cause problems if someone didn't watch over him. And he was plenty used to filling that role now.

Yu handed the next key to Chie, who was planning to share with Yukiko. "Here you go. And this one's mine- and Naoto, here's yours."

"Thank you, senpai," Naoto said.

"Wait..." Yukiko said, "What about Rise...?"

"Yeah, why aren't you rooming with Naoto?" Chie asked.

Rise blushed. "Um... well..."

"That's because..." Yu said, sheepishly. "She's... staying with me."

This got a few surprised looks from everyone. Yu and Rise shared similar, somewhat embarrassed expressions. But they had made up their minds before this trip that they wanted to share a room. They weren't about to let their friends turn that idea down for any reason. Especially since this was a rare opportunity to do such a thing in the first place. They had the chance so they were taking it, plain and simple.

"Dude... seriously?" Yosuke asked.

"Whoa, sensei!" Teddie said, baffled.

"Guys, it's not a big deal!" Rise said, quickly.

"It kinda is!" Chie said, "I know he's your boyfriend, but-"

"Oh come on, it's not even the first time I've slept with him," Rise argued. Yu wasn't too keen on her admitting that fact, but it got them to shut up for a moment. Until-