Chapter 11

Standing at the airport the next morning, Alexander pushes his hands into his coat.

"Feel free to stop by and save my life anytime."

You can't help but smile at his comment.

"Try to stay out of trouble, please." He nods.

"I will do my best."

Holding your duffel bag, you look to the side, shifting on your feet.

"I'll see you later Alexander."

A part of you doesn't truly want to leave. Or maybe you just don't want to be separated from Alexander. You shake the feeling, sending him another smile. You assume he's about to leave, but he steps closer. You look up, and he reaches out. The response is automatic. You wrap your hands around his neck, and Alexander runs his hand down your back as he hugs you.

"Don't be a stranger." You mutter.

You hope that this isn't the last time you see him.

~~~

A couple hours on a plane, and you're walking off the ramp, stretching your limbs. Your neck cracks, and you let out a satisfied sigh. Heading for the exit, you aren't surprised to see Nick when you leave the building.

"Great to have you back."

"It's good to be back. Did I miss anything?"

"Not necessarily."

He moves to his car, opening the trunk for you to dump your stuff. When you get into the car, and Nick takes off, he sends you a look.

"You sure you're okay?"

You nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Truth is now that you're back in Portland, you want to jump back onto that plane and head straight back to Alexander. You lectured yourself not to get attached. He didn't exactly lead the most stable life. Right now, that's what you need. Stability. Anything but would be impossible, because after all you've been through, you just want to feel in control. It's why you'd chosen this career. You wanted to help. Not hurt.

"I have feelings for Alexander."

Nick pressed so hard on the brakes that you both jerked forward. The person behind you honked so aggressively as they buzzed by. He straightened, getting back on the road as he kept his eyes forward. He looked over at you a couple times like he wanted to say something, but you could tell he wasn't able to find the words.

You turned your head towards the window.

"I just felt like I needed to tell you."

"Y-Yeah I get it. Thank..you?"

It's normal that he's a bit frazzled by the information. You just really needed to say it out loud. Nick was basically family. Maybe he'd have some advice on how to make a wesen Grimm relationship work. If anyone would know, it had to be him.

~~~

Rosalee was happy when you returned, so when she offered to get lunch, you agreed to meet at the spice shop. With a smile and a happy hug, the three of you were now seated at the back, munching on some fried food.

"You seem distracted."

Rosalee sips at her drink, and Nick is casually picking at his fries as he asked the question. Now that he knows about your new found feelings for Alexander, you're positive he's put together that it has something to do with him. Although, you never really thought you'd be having this particular conversation with them, but you don't exactly have a whole lot of friends you can bring this topic up with.

"Something weird happened to me when I went to help Alexander."

Rosalee places her cup down now fully invested. Nick looks equally curious.

"Well when we were in the hotel he sort of woge.."

"I don't see how that's strange."

You fidget.

"This time it was different..I don't know why but it was. It happened at one point unexpectedly and I kind of..liked it.."

Nick and Rosalee still look confused, and you're praying that you don't have to come out and say it. Surely they could put it together.

"Oh! You mean-"

"Yeah."

You reply to Rosalee's evaluation. You feel a bit uncomfortable now. You don't say anymore. This was already pretty awkward. Nick is the one who makes a comment.

"I used to feel one way about Hexenbiests, but it's different now." He doesn't specify, just sends a suggested smirk. Rosalee gasps.

"You don't.." She says with a surprised laugh. He just nudges his head as he casually drinks his soda.

"I mean, I understand too. It's always fun to let loose." From her little happy smile, it's not hard to guess what she's thinking.

It's become clear that you aren't the only one in your friend group with a wesen fetish.