Chapter 4

"Hey, you need to eat something."

A few hours after Nick left you went downstairs to get ready for work and make something for Alexander to eat. You opened the door, a bit surprised at the sight of him shirtless, standing at the bed.

"You're moving around."

He turns with a nod.

"My body is beginning to heal."

He was wesen, maybe you underestimated his recovery.

"I made breakfast downstairs. You should get something into your body. It'll help. I have to get to work."

"You're leaving me in your home alone."

"You're not a child, I didn't realize I would have to babysit."

"That is not what I mean." He approaches, slowly. There's a limp in his step. As strong as he was trying to appear, he was still hurting.

"You're strange. What are you trying to prove?"

"I should be asking you that question." His brows furrow.

"You're trying really hard to make me second guess my decisions. You don't want me to trust you, because you don't fully trust me."

From the change in his posture, it appears you've hit the nail right on the head.

"There's nothing else I can say to assure you that I'm not going to hurt you. Whether you believe me or not it's your choice. Just don't kill yourself trying to prove a point. The council is gone. You've probably served that organization for years. They're not here anymore, and you don't owe anyone anything. Maybe it's time you focus on yourself instead of following the orders of someone else."

"What would I do, if not fight?"

"How about live? You can make a new life Alexander. Black Claw is gone."

He could hardly believe this. You were giving him a lecture on life. Pleading that he spend it a different way. With no violence.

"You truly are unlike anyone I've ever met."

You aren't sure if it's a compliment or not. You look away.

"I need to get going. Don't mess up my kitchen or open your stitches."

You say nothing else, just begin pacing out the room. Alexander is a bit lost at the sudden shift in your behavior, but doesn't question it. He can't hope to understand how you think.