21

after talking for a bit, rosia's mum called us downstairs for dinner.

we both walked down the stairs and sat at the dining table, which joão was already at so i sat next to him. rosia sat next to her mum - and i assumed that mr fèlix was still getting the milk.

"help yourselves," mrs fèlix smiled, looking at me and pouring water in a glass for herself.

mrs fèlix had made pasta; i was about to get some but joão took the spoon from my hand and did it for me - putting a portion of pasta in my bowl. he then put some pasta in his own bowl.

"i could of done it on my own," i turned to look at him and rolled my eyes jokingly.

"i know." he smiled, also pouring water in my glass.

i looked at rosia from across the table and she was grinning, "you guys are so cute!"

my face turned scarlet and so did joão's.

"i agree!" mrs fèlix said as she took a sip of water. "i'm so glad it was you eleanor that got my son instead of a random fan girl like that girl penny.."

joão scowled. "don't even mention her name."

rosia looked at me and explained, "penny used to be my friend - well i thought she was my friend but she actually used me to get close to joão, but gladly it didn't work. penny spread rumours online that they were dating, but joão exposed her. i guess she got embarrassed as she moved to america," she shrugged and laughed at the last part.

"we didn't even have a conversation once," joão rolled his eyes.

my eyes widened in surprise, "wow, i guess fan girls really do go that far.."

-

after finishing dinner we ate another cookie for dessert, then we decided to get an early night since the coach was coming to pick us up at 3:00 am.

i changed into my pajamas, took my makeup off, brushed my teeth and braided my hair in joão's bathroom.

i walked out and got into bed with him; i snuggled into his chest and quickly fell asleep.

-

i woke up to someone nudging me.

"elll!" joão groaned, "you gotta wake up now,"

i opened my eyes tiredly and saw joão standing above me and i sat up.

"what time is it?" i asked groggily.

"2:31 am. so get ready,"

i am certainly not a morning person so joão had to grab my hand and pull me out of bed until i was fully awake.

i walked into the bathroom and locked the door. i brushed my teeth but i wasn't gonna put any makeup on today so i just brushed my hair and left it out.

i changed into a comfortable jumper and some leggings; for the airplane i had to be comfy.

i walked out of the bathroom and saw that joão was already changed.

i checked the time and it was already 2:45 am.

we went downstairs and saw that rosia and antònio were already ready and were putting their shoes on. we were all too tired to talk so we didn't.

soon we heard the coach arriving outside - rosia unlocked the door as we all took our luggages and placed them in the compartment area of the coach.

joão took my hand as we got onto the coach; most of the portugal team were there so he led me to the back and we sat next to eachother. rosia and antònio sat in the two seats behind us. luckily joão let me sit on the window seat.

"i'm so tired," i yawned.

"then sleep on me," he said as i rested my head on his shoulder. "i'll wake you up when we get to the airport,"

i found his shoulder very comfy and i ended up falling asleep very quickly.

-

"el, we're here." joão said as i opened my eyes.

everyone else on the coach had started to get off so me and joão did the same - rosia and antónio followed us.

we picked up our luggages and went inside the airport. we were allowed to skip security so we had to wait an hour until we got on the airplane. during that hour me and joão picked up some breakfast cause we were starving. i had pancakes with nutella and strawberries and he had waffles with syrup.

after eating breakfast i pulled out the game uno from my luggage and played it with rosia.

"uno," rosia said while placing down a red card with the number 4, smirking with one card left, hoping that it would stay red.

i grinned with 2 remaining cards. "uno!" i said and placed a red reverse card, which meant that it was my turn again.

my last card was not red - but it was a blue reverse card.

"YES!" i exclaimed happily as i placed my last card down. "i won!"

rosia rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling.

"well done." joão smiled. "i might have to try you later, uno champion."

"haha you might, but i'll win," i winked playfully.

-

after twenty more minutes of playing uno and talking we finally got to board the airplane. it was a very fancy private airplane just for the portugal team and i felt very out of place in first class.

me and joão obviously sat next to eachother and he let me sit on the window side again (after i begged him.)

i put my airpods in and listened to some music while joão slept on my shoulder. my hour nap on the coach made me less tired but i guess he never slept. i took a picture of him sleeping since he looked cute

i scrolled on tiktok for about an hour before i fell asleep too on joão's head.

-