13

it had been about 20 minutes until joão parked the car, cristiano sure lived far away.

i wasn't surprised that his house was so huge as he was literally the richest football player in the world.

joão removed his hand from my thigh and got out of the car to let me out. he locked the car as we walked to ronaldos door and he knocked on it.

seconds later ronaldo opened the door.

"joão, eleanor!" he smiled as he shook hands with joão and nodded at me. i smiled back politely. he let us in and then closed the door.

ronaldo and joão walked through the hallway and talked about whatever boys talk about. there were a lot of people who i didn't know here and as a introvert i felt like walking back outside and waiting in joão's car. but instead i just followed them awkwardly.

joão must have noticed because he grabbed my hand and said bye to ronaldo as he took me to a deserted room and he asked, "are you okay?"

"i'm not really the best at social party's.." i explained.

he smiled understandingly. "that's alright." he said with a soft smile that made me melt. "you don't need to talk to anybody you don't want to, okay? just stay with me the whole time,"

i smiled and thanked him. he gave me a quick kiss as we got up and went to look for rosia and antònio.

as we were looking for them joão talked to multiple people, he also introduced me to them. he held my hand the entire time like he said.

when we finally found them they were sat at a table together and laughing. when they saw us their face lit up.

"where the fuck were you guys?? we've been looking for you forever." i complained as rosia laughed.

"i forgot my purse and had to go back mid way - so we were late," she explained as she stood up and grabbed my wrist.

joão sent me an alarmed look and i nodded that i would be fine. he whispered, "call me if you need me," then he sat in rosia's space and talked to antònio.

rosia dragged me somewhere until she let go of my wrist.

"you look so hot right now girl!" she complimented me.

"and so do you!" i said back, smiling.

she thanked me as we kept on walking around the huge house and we met georgina, ronaldo's wife.

"you must be joão felix's girlfriend and antònio's girlfriend, lovely to meet you girls, and you look beautiful!" she smiled as she shook hands with us.

we both thanked her as she walked away. we continued to walk around talking until two girls bumped into us.

they started laughing. "ew is that joão's girlfriend? she looks even uglier in real life - i could treat him so much better." one of them said while rolling their eyes. and then the other spoke. "she dresses like a slut, joão probably likes her only for her body," the other girl agreed and they laughed even more.

my jaw clenched from anger. "excuse you? your talking shit while i'm right here, and to me it pretty much seems like your jealous. i'm not even surprised that joão chose me over you." i said, showing them my hand and flexing my ring that he had gotten me. i then stared at the stains on their dresses judgingly, which made them feel insecure. their faces flushed in embarrassment as i smirked.

it seems as they had nothing more to say as they stormed off. i looked over to rosia who was gaping at me with one hand over her mouth as she was surprised.

she took her hand off her mouth and started to grin proudly. "oh my god. you really ate that,"

her grin made me start to grin as well, and soon we had started to laugh like crazy people.

"y'know what? we should go to the bar cause i'm so thirsty," rosia suggested

"i'm pretty thirsty too, let's go" i agreed as we both walked outside and to the drink bar.

rosia's face lit up, "let's take shots!"

i instantly smiled and agreed. we both showed the bartender our id's to prove that we were over 18 and he poured us 2 each.

"yolo." we both said in unison before drinking it.

immediately i felt the strong burning sensation go down my throat as i scrunched up my face in disgust.

we then picked up the other one and drank it. once again it came down strong down my throat and i had to force myself to swallow it. i couldn't help myself but drink a few more.

"i think-" i slurred. "i will find joão now, bye."

i found myself walking away from rosia and into the house. i had no idea where i was going until someone grabbed my wrist and held me against their chest.

joão's pov:

i was talking to fernandes until i saw el walking inside. she was really unstable while she was walking.

"excuse me." i said to him and i walked to el, grabbed her by the wrist and held her against me.

"joão! i'm so happy to see your right now boyfriend." she said excitedly.

"fuck.. are you drunk?" i asked her worriedly

"maybe.." she slurred. "can you kiss me?"

i sighed and ignored her question. i decided that i was going to take her home. i grabbed her wrist and took her outside the front door - I didn't even bother saying goodbye to anyone.

"noo i don't want to leave! please don't make me leave.." she moaned after i told her to get in the car.

i rolled my eyes. "if you get in the car i'll kiss you, okay?"

and this time she got in straight away as i smiled. i got in the car as well and closed the door. i had to do her seatbelt as she didn't wanna do it herself. i then fulfilled my promise and i kissed her softly. i pulled away as i started to drive.

i kept looking at her every once in a while to make sure that she was okay, she was looking out of the window the whole journey.