5

i didn't know where the skating rink was so i just followed joão, soon i saw rosia and antònio standing together in the distance. once we had gotten to them rosia smirked at me with joão.

we had to wait in a queue to go inside the rink so i ended up talking to rosia. joão and antònio were in front of us talking to each other, i wondered what boys talk about

"soo, what did you guys do? and are you wearing his jumper?" she teased.

i smiled and told her EVERY single detail.

"oh my god, he called you cute?! you should of said something back!"

"i was nervous. i'm not sure why i was so awkward after he said that." i said quietly so he wouldn't hear us talking about him.

suddenly rosia grinned, "antònio can i talk to you?" she said as she swapped places with joão so that he was next to me.

"do you know how to ice skate?" he teased.

"unfortunately no," i laughed, "do you?"

"yeah i do, looks like i'm gonna have to teach you." he winked

rosia turned around to look at me with a smirk as i rolled my eyes blushing. luckily joão didn't notice.

we soon reached the front of the line as we paid for an hour of skating. we sat down and put on our ice skates. i kind of struggled to stand up.

"take my hand," he smiled, holding out his hand.

i took his hand as butterflies rose in my stomach. he helped me get onto the ice and taught me how to skate.

"okay, baby steps. firstly, how to move on the ice. you just need to take two steps and let your body glide forward slightly. once your comfortable with it, then you can start picking up one foot as you glide." he explained. "can you try that?"

i found it difficult to listen to what he was saying since i was so distracted with how perfect his face was

he stood in front of me and held both of my hands so i wouldn't fall.

"take two steps forward," he repeated softly with a smile that i almost melted at.

i did what he said as i almost slipped but he held my waist carefully to stop me from falling. "careful" he whispered. "try again,"

i looked away and hoped to god that he wouldn't see my pink face.

i tried again and fortunately did not slip this time. "good job, you got it!" he exclaimed proudly.

"how can you be so perfect at everything?" i blurted.

he laughed at me, "practice makes perfect."

"okay you've mastered this so we'll move on." he said. "this step is kind of the same as the last one but you have to extend the motion further. basically just lift one foot as you glide, set that foot down, and lift the other."

i took a deep breathe but i really couldn't concentrate since he was rubbing his thumb on mine.

i did what he said. i lifted one foot, put it down and lifted the other one and i quickly got it.

"well done. you learn quickly." he smiled.

i smiled back "only because i had a good teacher."

i swear i saw him blush a little but he coughed and looked away.

i still wasn't 100% confident on skating by myself so he stayed with me the whole time, holding my hand and slowly skating together. and quickly the hour was over.

he helped my take of my skates (even though i could do it myself) and we met rosia and antònio outside.

"i had fun with you today," joão smiled.

"i had fun today with you, too." i smiled as i kissed his cheek. "thank you for teaching me how to ice skate."

his face flushed pink as his pupils dilated.

i waved bye to rosia and whispered, "text me." as me and antònio walked to his car. joão was going home with rosia and my brother was taking me home with him.

in the car he talked to me, "i know you like him,"

they were best friends, and i was scared he would tell him if I told him my true feelings so I lied. "i don't."

he chuckled. "you can deny it but i promise i won't tell him."

i smiled.