22

"el, we're here."

i opened my eyes to someone nudging me.

"what, seriously??" i tiredly yawned, getting of joão's shoulder.

"no. i just told you that so you would wake up." he laughed. "lunch is being served,"

i groaned in annoyance until a lady came up to us with a trolley.

"what would you guys like?" she smiled.

"could i get the chicken nuggets, please?" i said, cause i'm like the most pickiest eater ever

"can i have the chicken burger please?" joão said while the lady gave us what we wanted and placed it on the table. she smiled and walked away.

"chicken nuggets?" he chuckled. "you are such a child,"

i rolled my eyes playfully, "so what? nuggets are the best,"

i ate a chip off my plate and ate it. while scrolling on instagram, i saw a post by rosia_fèlixx4. it was her looking hot (obv) and the caption was a pink heart emoji, i liked it and commented.

-

after another few hours of uno, watching tiktok, listening to rosia groaning about how she hated airplanes, and me rambling to joão about random things, the plane finally landed.

"oh thank god! any longer and i would of seriously passed out." rosia said as she eagerly unbuckled her seat belt and went down the stairs with antonio to get off the plane.

me and joão laughed at her as we unbuckled our seatbelts too and stood up. i followed him as we thanked the pilot and waited for the rest of the portugal team to get off. while waiting i saw georgina with her children.

"hey eleanor, how are you?" she said, smiling.

"i'm good thank you." i replied. "how was the flight for you?"

she laughed. "i'm used to long rides so it wasn't any different."

"oh okay," i chuckled. "well i'll see you later at the hotel, bye!"

she said bye to me as me and joão walked carefully down the stairs to get off the plane. i had assumed that someone was going to take our luggages so we didn't need to - i could get used to this luxury.

we checked into the airport and got into another coach which would take us to our hotel, me and joão sat at the back again but i let him have the window seat this time. rosia and antonio were sitting behind us again.

the drive would only take half an hour so i just watched tiktok until an edit of joão came up.

"you're so obsessed with tiktok and i wonder why.." joão teased

"you're right, i am." i smirked as he placed his lips on mine softly before pulling away.

-

the coach finally stopped at the hotel and i gaped at how beautiful it was.

"careful. flies might get into your mouth," joão laughed as i rolled my eyes and closed my mouth. i guess joão was used to this, but i wasn't - and i felt very thankful.

me and him followed the team as we walked inside the hotel and checked into our rooms. apparently everyone got their own room except for me having to share with joão, and rosia sharing with antonio, ronaldo and his family also shared a bigger room.

"what a coincidence," joão said as someone gave him our key. we said goodbye to rosia and antonio and walked upstairs to look for our door number. we found number '12' and joão unlocked the door.