19

the next morning i woke up to joão hugging my waist, snoring quietly.

yesterday joão decided to stay at my house instead of going home. and today my family were going back to england.

"joãoo," i said as i tried to get him off me. "wake up!"

he groaned in response and held me tighter.

i sighed. "10 more minutes okay? then we have to get up."

i took my phone from the nightstand and watched tiktok ( i have an obsession with tiktok if u couldn't tell )

after a couple minutes i shook him as he released me. i got out of bed, brushed my teeth, changed in the bathroom and did my makeup.

when i walked out the bathroom joão was sitting on my bed with the duvet made.

"come," he said.

i walked over to him and he pulled me onto his lap and kissed me deeply. i kissed him back passionately until we pulled away.

"good morning." he smiled.

"morning." i said as i got off his lap and he went into the bathroom to get ready.

when he was ready we went downstairs together. everyone's luggage was in my uncles car.

they were planning to leave early so they could make it to the airport and catch their plane on time

"i'm going to miss you, eleanor," my mum sighed as she hugged.

"i'm going to miss you too mum." i said as i noticed my dad talking to joão

"i hope you take good care of her," he said.

"of course, sir. i already do," joão smiled and shook his hand as farewell.

"eliza!" i exclaimed as i reached down to hug her as she giggled. "i'm going to miss you so so much.."

and finally i hugged my aunt and uncle.

"we'll be back in january," my aunt said as she hugged me.

my family waved goodbye before getting inside my uncles car and driving away.

i closed the door and sighed. now it was just me and joão.

"don't be sad, they'll be back soon and plus you'll be with me," he grinned, snaking his hands around my waist and kissing my head behind me.

i nodded as we went in the living room and watched a movie.

half way into the movie we had started to get bored and joão gasped.

"do you wanna bake cookies?" he asked excitedly.

my face lifted as we walked into the kitchen. he looked up the ingredients on his phone and read it out to me as i collected each one.

"softened butter, light brown sugar, golden caster sugar, 1 medium egg, vanilla extract, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and dark chocolate - wait let's change the last one to milk chocolate cuz i don't like dark chocolate." he said.

"sure," i said as i heated the oven up, "can you cream the sugar and butter together while i line the parchments on the baking tray?"

"no, what the fuck does that mean?"

i rolled my eyes, "i'll show you once I've finished doing this.."

when i finished lining the tray i measured 75g of sugar and put it into the bowl. i then added 120g of softened butter into it. i took out the electric whisk from the cupboard and showed joão how to whisk it.

"hey look i'm doing it!," he exclaimed happily.

"well done." i smiled proudly. (even know it was like the easiest job in the world)

i added in the egg and the vanilla essence as he continued to beat them using the whisk. i took the whisk from him and put it into the sink as we no longer needed it anymore. we swapped as i mixed it with a wooden spoon after he added the flour, bicarbonate of soda, chocolate and a tiny bit of salt.

i scooped 10 large balls (💀) of the mixture onto the tray.

joão put them in the oven as it was hot and he would not allow me to do it.

and then we waited.

another short chapter but it's ok 🤷‍♀️

you guys NEED to read the story 'excuse me'. it's SO GOOD and it's written by hesaangel28
❤️❤️