37

"VELI!" i exclaimed as we hugged. "girl i missed you so much, how's it been with everything?"

"everything's been great actually," she grinned as we let go and i closed the door. she dragged her luggages in the room and left it near the bed. "life has been exhausting but yeah i've been good, what about you-"

her sentence was cut short when joão came out of the bathroom - immediately she got closer to him and slapped him roughly on the face. he groaned in pain and held his face in confusion.

"how dare you fucking cheat on her you DOUCHEBAG." velia screamed dramatically, "and how could you take him back eleanor?? he's an asshole and you deserve better-"

"oh my god - veli!" i laughed uncontrollably, "joão isn't a cheater. he's my boyfriend and the articles online are lying, i never got with kevin,"

she looked at me in shock and regret as she turned to joão, "goodness, i am so so sorry i thought that you cheated." she apologised frantically

"it's fine, honestly," joão said, trying his hardest to smile as i just kept laughing at how funny this situation was. "don't worry."

he gave me a side glare and i immediately stopped laughing - well i tried my hardest but a few giggles left my lips every time i thought about what just happened.

"i'm just going to use the bathroom real quick if you don't mind.." she said awkwardly before turning around and walking straight into the toilet, locking it.

"keep laughing and it won't only be giggles escaping your lips," he crossed his arms and stared at me seriously.

"fine. you gotta admit it was kind of funny though."

"whatever. who's that?"

"my cousin velia." i said "she's in qatar to see the world cup. can you get her good tickets for the next match please?" i begged.

"fine," he said softly as i smiled. "only because i love you and not because she just slapped me in the face,"

"thank you!" i exclaimed and kissed his cheek.

-

after my cousin came out of the bathroom we all decided to go to the restaurant with her too, we arrived and walked in spotting antónio and rosia sitting on a reserved table for four people

unfortunately there wasnt any space for velia so i had to sit on joão's lap instead.

i cleared my throat. "guys this is velia my cousin." i introduced her as she smiled and waved. "velia this is rosia my all time best friend and anyway you know antónio."

"it's nice to meet you velia." rosia shook her hand politely. "your name is very pretty,"

"aw that's so kind! and it's nice to meet you too rosia, you are also very beautiful,"

rosia said thanked her as a waiter came and took our orders, (i ordered chicken strips and chips cause i'm a basic bitch)

our drinks came like a minute after and i ordered water, however, joão didn't order any drinks.

"so you guys are playing morocco next, right?" velia asked, trying to start a conversation. 

"yeah actually-" antónio started to talk.