2

i woke up excitedly the next morning. i got out of bed at exactly 10:25 and took a quick shower. i blow dried my hair and straightened it. then i brushed my teeth and put on a shirt and baggy jeans. i went downstairs into the kitchen where my aunt, uncle and brother were.

"good morning." aunt kate yawned.

"morning." i replied as i took a bite out of my toast and sat next to my brother on the table.

my brother looked at me suspiciously and asked, "where are you going?"

"rosia asked me to hang at her house today, would you mind driving me there at 1:00 please?"

he smiled because of rosia. "of course,"

-

at 12:50 my brother dropped me off to her house, upon seeing it i was surprised. it was big and looked expensive.

i knocked on the door and waited patiently. a few seconds later a female came out which i assumed to be her mother. i smiled brightly at her.

antònio obviously knew her better so he introduced me, "mrs felix! it's nice to see you again, this is my sister eleanor!"

i shook her hand as she greeted me kindly. "it's nice to meet you eleanor, i assume your here to hang out with rosia?"

i nodded as antònio started to walk away. "well, I'll be on my way now, just text me when you want me to pick you up-"

"what? nonsense! stay antònio, i'm sure joão and rosia would like your company as well!" mrs felix persuaded.

my brothers face went red but he grinned. "alright, i'll stay."

-

we went inside the house and i introduced myself to mr felix as well.

"eleanor!" rosia squealed as she ran down the stairs to hug me. "how are you?"

"i'm good, thank you! and how are you?"

"i'm good too, come i'll give you a tour."

my brother had already gone upstairs, probably to joão.

rosia gave me a tour of downstairs, and then we went upstairs.

"andd this is my stupid brothers room." she said as she opened the door. inside, joão and antònio were playing video games together. typical boy activities. rosia rolled her eyes and continued the tour.

"...finally this is my room, come in." i followed her as we sat on her bed, my legs crossed.

for about an hour we watched netflix until rosia's face lit up.

"i'm bored, do you wanna play football outside with the boys?" she exclaimed

i nodded, "sure!"

-

in the garden we were about to start the game. i was a defender and joão was an attacker. rosia and antònio were talking to eachother, which left joão and me alone.

"eleanor, right?" he smiled. "do you play football?"

"yeah i used to when i was younger but then i stopped, i'm not sure why. i'm probably going to be rubbish playing so don't judge me please," i chuckled jokingly.

"well.. maybe i could teach you sometimes, if you want."

i smiled at him until antònio blew the whistle to start the game.

immediately jõao came with the ball and ran towards me, i tried my best to defend it as i did successfully.

"you're skilled," he complimented me, "but not better than me." he says as he kicks the ball into the net. which rosia couldn't save either.

"hey!" i moaned "that was unfair, you distracted me."

he chuckles at me with a smirk. god he looked so cute.

i blushed and looked away from him, focusing on the ball instead.

we swapped roles so i was attacking instead. i steered the ball over to the side i was scoring in but jõao tried to stop me. he was very good at football so he obviously defended perfectly until i got the ball back from him, i kicked it between his legs when he wasn't looking and scored.

me and rosia yelled and celebrated since we won. joão smiled and rolled his eyes. "maybe i underestimated you."

-

me and my brother were about to leave until mrs felix persuaded us to eat dinner with them. i was too kind to refuse so i just listened to her

after eating dinner with them (we ate spaghetti) i waved goodbye to everyone. me and my brother arrived home late and instantly went up to our rooms. i layed down on my bed and scrolled on tiktok until i got a message

unknown number:

hey

eleanor

hi? who is this?

unknown number:

it's joão, my sister gave me your number i hope you don't mind?

eleanor:

ohh of course not! let me just save your contact rq

joão

i've got to go now, talk later.

eleanor:

okay cya!

no way joão félix just texted me?? and asked someone else for my number?!

i smiled myself to sleep that night.