33

"hey wake up."

i groaned in annoyance and opened my eyes to see joão tugging on me to wake me up.

"i have a match today, did you forget?" he rolled his eyes.

"oh shit really?"

"yeah, against uruguay so get up," he said while taking his shirt off and picking a new one up.

"joão!" i blushed and covered my eyes, "i'm not ready to see that yet."

"actually you're right, you can see that later," he winked as he put his new shirt on.

i threw a pillow at him playfully as he laughed. he went into the bathroom so i got out of bed and made the bed behind me. i wore his jersey and left my hair in a low bun with two strands out. when joão came out the bathroom i went in and quickly brushed my teeth. i came out and did my makeup and then we were ready to go - i checked the time and it was now 10:00 am. the match started at 11:20 am.

we walked out the door and closed it behind us, taking the elevator and walking into the buffet. we picked up a plate each and loaded our plates. on my plate i put mostly sweet stuff like donuts and croissants because i love sweet things.

i looked around and spotted rosia sitting with kat, i took a deep breathe and headed over - i really hoped that she would listen to me.

as soon as i sat down at the table, they stopped their conversation and the atmosphere became quite uncomfortable. rosia immediately stood up and left, and of course kat gave me a weak smile and followed her like she was a queen or something.

i felt very stupid sitting at an empty table so luckily joão noticed and came over. he sat in the chair opposite to me.

"are you okay?"

"no," i said honestly. "i've already told her that it was fake but she won't believe me." i sighed and put my face in my hands.

he looked at me in sympathy, "well, i can try talking to her if you want?"

"no, it's okay," i muttered. "thanks though,"

-

after eating breakfast we all got on the coach and thankfully joão gave me the window seat again which was good. (even though i practically beg him to let me sit there)

he rested his head on my shoulder and watched me scroll on tiktok. suddenly there was an edit of kevin álvarez, talk about wrong timing. my stomach dropped when i saw him on the screen and i felt immense guilt, how could i have almost forgotten about him kissing me?

"do you think he's cute?" joão asked.

"no." i said quickly and scrolled. it was a coincidence when an edit of joão appeared under it. "but i think he's pretty cute."

"oh really?" he smirked.

"mhm" i smiled as he pecked me on the lips quickly, then he got his own phone out. he went on tiktok and went to his favourites, clicking on one and showing me

"i think she's pretty cute," he smiled, showing me an edit of me.

i couldn't believe that people actually made edits of me?? i took joão's phone from his hand and watched the edits - which were all saved by him.

 he laughed. "what, not used to being famous?"

this specific edit was a velocity of me and joão. i scrolled down and another one was a scene of me at ronaldo's party talking back to that girl, it was with the song 'bad girls,' by mia. i scrolled down again and it was a clip of me and joão kissing but with the editors profile picture covering my face. i scrolled down once more and it was another edit but with a kinda innapropriate song, i looked at him with wide eyes.