20

joão insisted on checking the oven every 5 minutes to check if the cookies weren't burnt or not, I told him that there was a timer for a reason but he's probably a perfectionist.

"babe i think it's finished now, like for real," he said from the kitchen.

i got up from the couch and walked over to him.

the oven was open as he got the oven gloves out and wore them, he took the hot tray out and placed it on the counter

"ow," he groaned. "it's hot."

"maybe you shouldn't touch the hot tray, then," i laughed, emphasising the word 'hot'

"i didn't mean to." he replied. "it was an accident."

i grabbed a knife and stuck it into one of the cookies, and the knife was clean after i took it out.

"they're done, but just let it cool down for a while.." i said while placing the knife in the sink and starting to wash it up.

he slid his hand around my waist from behind and hugged me, "have you packed for qatar yet?"

my eyes widened, the week had gone so quickly and we were leaving tomorrow. but of course i had packed before hand

"yeah," i said as i dried the knife and put it where the cutlery goes.

"great," he smiled. "by the way, my mum wants us round for dinner tonight so bring your luggage when we go,"

i nodded in agreement as we walked around the house for ten minutes (to waste time) until the cookies cooled down.

joão wasted no time in grabbing a cookie and taking a bite out of it

"fattie," i muttered.

"shut up," he rolled his eyes and took another bite. "you try it,"

i took one from the tray and took a bite out of it, and i was actually surprised considering me and joão were nothing near cooks but it tasted so good, it was like gooey and soft in the middle and it was very tasty.

after we finished the cookie we were eating, we decided to leave the rest for his mother.

we went into my room and just cuddled for hours, he watched tiktok so i just watched it with him on his phone

-

hours later it was finally 6 pm so we started to get ready. we put on our shoes and joão put my luggage in the boot of the car as i wrapped the remaining cookies in tin foil.

he drove to his house as he parked and opened my door for me then he unlocked the front door as his mum came rushing to open it.

"eleanor! it's so nice to see you again, come in!" mrs félix smiled.

i hugged her, "it's so nice to see you too!"

joão closed the door behind him as i walked in the house.

"dinner will be ready in ten minutes if you want to go see rosia. antonio is out with his friends tonight so he's not here," she said.

i nodded as me and joão went upstairs and knocked on rosia's door, she opened it and her smile lifted.

"eleanorr!" she squealed. "i feel like i haven't seen you in ages!"

"me neither girl!" i smiled back as joão rolled his eyes from behind us.

she let me in the room but immediately shut the door in joão's face.

"i've got so much to tell you!" rosia said as i sat down on her bed

"what's up? are you pregnant?" i joked.

she furrowed her eyebrows but chuckled. "no, no, of course not - but i do have some news."

rosia told me all about her getting a new job as a model and her already covering for some small magazines.

"that's amazing!! i'm so proud of you!" i exclaimed loudly and hugged her.

she smiled and then her face lit up. "thanks, you're so sweet.. maybe we could for a photo shoot together, sometime?"

i smiled back, "that would be amazing!"

-

gonna do a long chapter tmrw cause it's so late rn and i'm gonna fall asleep..