Chapter 33

~kie's pov~

I woke up with a sharp pain in the place I got shot.

For a second I thought everything that happened was just a dream but then I turned around and saw JJ still asleep next to me. One of his hands were around me, holding me close to him.

It took me a while until all the events started to fill me in. All the events.

The stitches that broke, Pope putting me new ones, Big John being alive.

JJ and Sarah being siblings.

I have to tell them.

I looked at JJ and I couldn't wake him up, not when he looked so peaceful and relaxed.

I didn't know if I was supposed to tell this to them both togheter or in different times. I decided that I wanna tell Sarah first but as soon as I shifted a little, JJ hold me even closer to him.

Him holding me didn't feel awkward or unusual. It felt like that's how it's supposed to be.

"Where are you going?" he asked with his eyes still closed.

"I wanted to get some water but I didn't want to wake you up" I said sitting back on the pillows.

"I'll get the water, you need to rest" he said opening his eyes.

I've seen his eyes before but I don't think I ever focused so much on them before. I could watch his eyes forever. They reminded me of the ocean which somehow made all the events disappear from my mind.

"How do you feel?" he asked snapping me from my thoughts.

"Better" I said even if it wasn't so true.

The pills did help with the pain but I could still feel it.

"Are you sure?" he asked concerned.

"Yes, the pills helped" I said.

He got his hand off me and got up yo bring me water. I hated that he had to take his arm away.

"We need to talk" I said suddenly, making JJ stopped right before he opened the door.

"About what?" he asked concerned, sitting again on the bed.

"While I was at Sarah's family house I noticed a picture with her mom and I thought she looked a lot like someone" I started taking a small break.

He didn't say anything. He was waiting patiently to see what I'm going to say next.

I had no idea what I was going to say next.

I need to choose my words right. I couldn't just tell him that he has a brother and two sisters he never knew about.

"And then I found a box with a letter from your mom, adressed to you" I countinued.

"From my mom? Why would Ward have a letter from my mom if it's addressed to me?" he asked.

"In the letter said that she was married to Ward before she had you and he had Rafe with him, after that they divorced and she met Luke and they had you but he started doing drugs so she left again for Ward and had Sarah and Wheezie" I said.

I waited for any reaction from him for a while. He was just looking at me like I was crazy.

"JJ" I started, touching his arm but he shoved it away.

"No, that's bullshit, you read it wrong" He said getting up and going towards the door.

"JJ wait" I said again but he intrerupted me.

"I don't have any siblings and I don't need you to play the detective" he said but before I could answer he stormed out of the room.

Maybe I did choose the words wrong.

And maybe I shouldn't have read the letter in the first place.

Soon after he left I heard a small knock on the door.

"Come in" I said.

"I saw JJ storming out of the Chateau earlier, is everything okay?" Sarah asked from the doorframe.

I need to tell her too. But maybe I needed to choose my words better than I did with JJ.

"If I'll tell you, you have to promise not to storm out of the room" I said and she just nodded, sitting on the bed next to me.

"While I was at your house I entered in Ward's room and saw a picture with him and your mom" I started.

She nodded, signaling me to countinue.

"At first I thought she reminded me of someone, especially the eyes colour" I said.

"Neither of me, Rafe and Wheezie got her eyes color" she said.

"It didn't remind me of any of you, the eyes reminded me of JJ's" I said and she looked at me confused.

"What does JJ has to do with this?" she asked.

"I also found a box with a letter addressed to JJ from your mom, she divorced your dad after they had Rafe and then she had JJ but then she went back to Ward" I said, waiting for a reaction from Sarah.

"And then she had me and Wheezie" she said like the realisation just hit her.

I didn't say anything, I just nodded, letting her understand everything.

At first I thought she was about to storm out of the room like JJ did but all she did was staying in silence.

"Is that why JJ left?" she asked.

I nodded again and she went silent for a while. I didn't know what to do to make her feel better. I also didn't know what to do to make JJ feel better.

I moved closer to her, trying to ignore the pain from the shot. When she noticed, she came close to me.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"Confused" she said without looking at me. "I just don't get why no one told us before"

"Maybe Ward didn't want to be associated with JJ" I said.

"If mom had JJ before me then that means one of us have a different birth year" she said.

"There were also birth certificates there but I couldn't get a better look" I said.

"Don't worry, you were in pain and had to find a way to escape" she said.

We stayed in silence for a while again until she suddenly got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To talk with JJ, I feel like both of us need to talk" she said getting out of the door.

I hoped JJ will let Sarah talk with him. I wanted to go after him but I could barely move cause of the shot.

Suddenly the door opened again, this time John B being the one that entered.

"What the hell did you told them so they both stormed out of the Chateau" he asked.

"It's probably a sibling thing they share" I said without realising John B didn't know.

"What do you mean?" he asked confused.

I didn't know if I should've tell him or not but I knew that it wasn't easy to get away from John B when he wanted to find out something.

"While I was at Ward I found a letter from JJ's mom that's also Sarah's mom" I said.

He looked at me in shock then started laughing.

I definitely didn't expect this reaction.

"Now if you end up actually telling JJ how you feel about him we'll basically be family" he said.

"I don't need to tell JJ anything" I said rolling my eyes.

"Yeah sure, like we didn't see you two sleeping here last night" he said.

"Like we didn't hear you and Sarah last night" I said making him shut up.