Chapter 30

~JJ's pov~

"I thought you died" John B said, his voice trembling.

"You shouldn't be here, you were supposed to be in Outer Banks" big John said looking almost as shocked as JJ.

"I thought you died" John B repeated but this time he seemed more angrier. "You were alive all this time?" he started but big John intrerupted him.

"I know it's a lot but let me explain" he said.

John B didn't say anything. He just looked at his dad in shock.

"Ward tried to drown me" he started but John B intrerupted him.

"I know, I thought you died" he said.

"I got away from him but had to hide for a while to make sure he won't find me and won't put you in danger" he said.

"Why didn't you call me? Or texted me?" John B asked.

"I didn't want to put you in danger even if I knew you'd want to finish what I started and that you'd eventually find me"

"And what if I didn't? Would you have hide here forever?" John B asked getting even angrier.

And he had all the right to be. He's been spending all this time thinking his dad was dead when he was actually hiding here.

The others probably heard John B yelling cause Sarah came upstairs.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, suddenly stopping when she saw big John.

John B didn't even look at her, he kept looking at his dad and I never seen this look on his face. He was defenitly mad at him.

"I don't care about your stupid explanation, as soon as the man that's following us will be gone we'll leave" John B said moving past Sarah and going downstairs.

Sarah didn't say anything for the whole time. She looked at me with a look that asked me if he was who she thought it was even if I'm sure she already knew.

"I'll go make sure he's okay" she said going after John B.

As soon as she left, big John turned to look at me. He was probably the closest thing I ever had to a dad. Everytime he'd get me a Christmas gift or a birthday one, he'd invite me with him and John B everytime they went surfing or fishing.

"All I tried to do was to make sure he's safe" he said turning towards me.

"I know, he just needs time" I said trying to give him a reassuring smile even if I was still in shock.

"What are you all doing here?" he asked.

"After you got missing John B tried to finish what you started but Ward found out and a lot of other stuff happend since then" I started.

"She's Ward's daughter, isn't she?" he asked refering to Sarah.

"Yes, but she's nothing like him, she helped us" I said.

He didn't seem too convinced but didn't say anything else.

"Ward tried to take her as far as possible from John B and he tried to save her, when Peterkin found out that Ward was the one that tried to kill you, Rafe shoot her and blamed it on John B"

Big John didn't say anything again but you could see on his face that he was blaming himself for what happened.

"He got life penality but managed to get out, after that he and Sarah had to leave Outer Banks so Ward won't be after them anymore but there was a storm" I said but I stopped suddenly.