Chapter 29

~Kie's pov~

"Morning sunshine" said a voice that made me wanna go back to sleep as soon as i heard it. "For a second I thought you wouldn't wake up"

I looked around trying to make my eyes get comfortable with the bright light. It looked like we were in a hotel room again but this time a bigger one that had unlocked windows.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"In my family's vacantion house" Rafe answered.

Slowly the memories of what happend started to fill me.

"Where are the others?" I asked getting up a little too fast which made me dizzy.

With all the adrenaline we've had this days I almost forgot how bad the wound from the shooting was hurting if I wasn't resting.

"We'll stay here two more days, the doctor said it's risky for you to do a lot of effort if you don't rest" he said.

"Where are the others?" I asked again ignoring him.

He was silent for a while and away to calmly which was unusual from him.

"I was hoping that you'd know when you wake up" he said.

If he didn't know anything then that means they were save. It was perfect, all of them were saved and away from Outer Banks.

"I don't know what happened after I passed out" I said.

He didn't say anything but ut seemed harder and harder for him to keep his calm.

"Next time when you're planning on kidnapping someone and put them into a plane at least give them a seat and a parachute" I said.

"Notted" He muttered, holding his head in his hands.

We stayed in silence for a while and I was glad I didn't have to hear his voice anymore. I couldn't help but worry about the others. What if Rafe will find them again?

I didn't even get to explain why I haven't call them at all. But JJ didn't seem mad this time. Just worried.

"You should rest" he said breaking the silence.

"Why do you care?" I asked annoyed.

"Because I don't want you to die" he said.

"You literally left me drowning and saved your ass not even caring about Sarah"

"If I would have wanted you dead I would have killed you by now" he yelled.

"Like you did to Peterkin?" I said and as soon as I said it I knew it was a bad idea.

I didn't even relaise when his hands moved towards my arms, squeezing them. I don't know for how long he did that but I couldn't even feel them anymore.

"Say this one more time and I swear I'll actually kill you" he said.

I didn't want him to think I'm scared, which I really was and what I did next made everything worse.

"Say what? That you killed Peterkin? That you're a murderer?" I said but before I could say anything else I felt one of his hands wrapping around my neck, taking away all the air.

I couldn't even understand what he was saying anymore. It was like I was under water and I couldn't focus on any sound around me.

He finally stopped, letting me go. My lungs immediately filled with the air again.

I didn't even noticed that I was crying until now. I had no idea how he felt. I couldn't even look at him. I was pathetically backing up in the bed, trying to get as far as I could from him.

"I have to go do something but don't even think of trying to go away while I'm gone, someone is making sure that you'll stay inside the house all the time" he said pointing towards the window.

Outside it was the same man that drive us here. He was watching some kind of map while talking at his phone.

As soon as he leaved I let out a sob. Soon after came more and more. I waited for a while before I got off the bed so I was sure he left. I opened the door and I didn't expect it to be unlocked. He probably forgot to lock it when he left.

I walked along the hallway trying to look for the bathroom. The first room I entered was Ward's. On the nightstand was a photo with him and a beautiful lady that had the same hair as Sarah but blue eyes.

I recognised her cause of some photos Sarah showed me. The lady in the picture was her mom.

Sarah looked a lot like her mom but for some reasons I felt like I've seen her before. I don't remember where or when but I feel like her eyes are faniliar. And not just the eyes, even the nose and smile.

I tried to shove the thought away and started looking around the room. There might be some phone in here.

I started looking in the wardrobe, drawers and anywhere I could. I found a few boxes and started looking in them. In one of them I found a lot of pictures with Sarah's family.

I wanted to put the box away and kept looking but some photo attracted my attention. In the photo was Sarah's mom and JJ's dad. He was hugging her while she was holding a small baby in her arms.

What the hell was she doing with JJ's dad?

Under the picture was a letter that was addressed to JJ. I opened it and started reading loud without realising.

"Dear JJ, when you find this I'll probably not be here anymore. I want you to know the truth before it's too late. When I had you I just divorced Ward. Me and him had two kids togheter, Rafe and Sarah." I whispered.

How didn't I figure this out? I should've knew as soon as I saw rhe birthmarks on them. I took a deep breath in and countinue reading.

"Me and your dad been happy for a while and when I told him he was going to be a dad he was so exited and I knew he was gonna make a great dad" I countinued.

I can't belive JJ's dad used to be a good person. He didn't deserve JJ. Not even a little bit. But that doesn't make sense. If she left then how did she had Wheezie?

"I broke up with your dad as soon as I found out he was doing drugs and couldn't stop, we had a big fight after that and I had to leave him. I wanted to take you with me but the only place I could've gone was to Ward's and he would never let me take you with me"

I can't believe she abandoned JJ with a drug addict. Why did she left if she knew how JJ's dad was?

"I don't want you to think I didn't love you, I loved you so much but I had to go. I want you to know that I love you so much" I said finishing the letter.

I couldn't tell JJ about this. It'd hurt him too much. But I had to tell him and Sarah about this. They need to know. They've been siblings all this time and hand no idea.

But he'd be hurt to know that his mom abandoned him.

But he needed to know. I had to tell him and Sarah.

Suddenly I felt a strange pain in the same place I got shot. I looked down at the white shirt I was wearing that was now covered with blood again.

Shit.