Egan

Another month as passed, and I practiced my ability in the woods with Jonah to keep me company. I try to make more enormous fireballs, absorbing more energy from the sun; I can't fully become flame, yet it's too much. I run out of stamina too quickly. After practicing, I walk out and head home with jonah.
"you're getting better, Egan, faster even."
"Thanks, Jonah. I appreciate you being by my side."
He smiles, looking down. Is he shy? He's so odd. He walks me home; I watch him stand by the bus stop. This always happens. I tend to stare at him until I invite him back. Walking down, I ask him if he would stay at my place he does.
Laying in my room, he stares at me again.
"so, have you ever been in love?" jonah says. I'm too scared to ask; this talk is weird.
"no, not really."
"me neither; what if I told you I love you."
My heart calms down so dramatic I envision flames all around me.
"I guess you're pretty nervous, huh? Sorry."
I avoid his eyes; I feel his hand on my face; I withdraw from it, then I calm down, looking into his eyes. He runs to my face. I close my eyes, enjoying it.
"I love you, and if it's alright, could I kiss you?".
I feel all my magic coming in and out like it's inhaling and exhaling itself. I can't control it. Jonah leans in and places his lips on mine. I try not to enjoy it, but I can't; he presses his lips into mine, and I do the same, giving in. Opening my mouth slightly, he does the same. It feels nice kissing him. I touch his shoulders and chest. He feels so lovely; Jonah does the same he touches all over me. I like it. I can't breathe right. I stop kissing him, grabbing his shoulders.
"Sorry, Egan, are you alright? Your eyes."
I catch my breath, my power leaving me. Jonah touches my chest and stomach. I like it. I rest my head on his chest. I'm in heaven. He rubs my head.
"I do love you, egan. You are special to me not because of your powers but your personality and kindness."
I can't control it. I feel a tear come down; Jonah feels it and hugs me tight. I embrace his warmth, a new warmth that wasn't mine, destruction and chaos. I smell him and go to sleep.
Wake up; he's still there hugging Me; I don't move; I don't want this to come to an end; he groans and shifts a little on the bed, still clutching me. I feel in paradise. I've never had this in my life; after a time, I fall back to sleep.

The alarm goes off I wake up cursing it. I try to move, but I can't. Jonah has locked me in. I give up on being released.
"Jonah, we have to go, please. "we have one more day, no classes for both. We can start again on Friday. He sniffs me. I let him; I feel weak; I can't seem to get up. The alarm goes off.
We get dressed and head out.
At School, I couldn't keep my mind focused; it always kept going to Jonah. It's very frustrating, but I like it. I haven't encountered any beings like me in school, so that's cool. Finally, I get to see him at lunch. He's there sitting down, waiting for me; I grin all the way there. He looks up and smiles at me. I sit down, and we have lunch.
After lunch, Jonah's parents called for something. We went to the store and grabbed some vegetables, and went to his house. Jonah seems nervous; avoiding my eyes, we enter his home and put the food away; his house looks lovely clean open very expensive. I can only imagine what he thought of my place. He seems like he doesn't want me in his home, and saddened by it; I decide maybe this is weird.d I choose to walk out and get some air.
"egan, wait!"
"What, what's wrong?"
"look, it's my parents. They don't like people who are different; I didn't want them to know about you yet."
I smile down at the floor; I'm irritated pist even with the flames I see in my eyes. Jonah runs to me, clutching my face.
"but I won't let that destroy us; I'm grown. If my parents can't accept you, I will leave with you."
My power leaves me. I try to believe him, but after a time, I do. Jonah kisses me I let him. The door opens—Jonah wipes his head towards the door.
"Jonah, help me with this stuff!"
Jonah runs to his mum and re-enters the kitchen with bags. His mom walks in.
"thank you, dear. I forgot some stuff at the store, but I was already on the road; help me put this stuff away."
She enters the kitchen with bags and puts them on the counter. Then at that moment, she sees me.
"honey, who us this in our house?"
"Well, he's my boyfriend."
"honey, you never told me you were queer; where did you meet him."
"at the university, I love him."
He smiles at me. I do too.

"Well, honey, I'm very proud of you, but I will have to end this before it continues."
"what, why? He's nice, caring, sweet."
"look at him. Do you think that someone like him can even come close to us? I can only imagine what people will think we they see you together, and then your father, you know, 's sensitive with this stuff. He would have a heart attack."
"But mom, why can't you believe in this."
She points at me.
"This black man has to leave in three seconds; otherwise, I'm going to call the police.!".
I'm furious. I'm just as disgusting as I was in all the schools I've been to. All those looks and stares are hating me for my skin. Flame doesn't discriminate. It consumes all; that's what I can rely on. I see flames all around me; I push out—all around me, fire. I enjoy the destruction.