Chapter 17 - The chaos never stops

Hey everyone! So this is an absolute doozy of a chapter (again) because I was really excited to write it as it covers one of my favourite episodes, Something rotten on Berserker Island. I hope you all enjoy it! 

In the aftermath of the battle with the Shellfire and the Dragon Hunters, a lot had happened.

Your father, the Auxiliary riders and a lot of Berk's citizens had actually come out to help rebuild what you could of The Edge. Granted, the Volcano was still pretty unstable, but you were all living pretty well all things considered.

You'd also found out that Ryker was almost certainly dead, taken out by the Shellfire breaking free of the Dragon Hunter control and sending the large vessel on top of it tumbling back into the ocean depths. Ryker with it. You had given a bitter laugh when Snotlout told you, saying that you were just sorry you weren't there to see it yourself.

The thought that he'd died in the same waters he'd killed Ghostripper in was too beautifully ironic.

Dagur and Heather tried to be remorseful about the combat with the Dragon Hunters ending in both leaders' deaths. Well, in front of the Dragon Riders and Berk's people that was. With you and funnily enough Stoick, they were glad. They both seemed to be incredibly relieved that the Grimborn brothers wouldn't be coming after them anymore for their respective betrayals.

Speaking of Dagur and Heather, both of them had stayed for a few days after the Volcano erupted to help as much as they could. But eventually they had to leave to check on Berserker Island and help with the damages there. Thankfully you had a few nights with Dagur to make up for lost time.

What didn't sit very well with you though, was when just before the siblings were due to leave, you saw Dagur speaking with your father. He had a strangely sheepish grin on his face while Stoick was also smiling.

Suspicious.

"What're we talking about?" You asked cautiously, walking up to the both of them. Both of them turned to you, Dagur's grin growing wider at your presence and your father smiling at you. "I was just talking with Dagur here. As it turns out, he's very good at apologising." Stoick told you, gesturing to the Berserker chief who had grown a lot more sheepish at the mention of an apology. No doubt for all the trouble he caused in the past.

"Oh, well that's good! I told you he was working on making himself a better person. You should've seen the way he held off the Dragon Hunters with Sleuther, it was awesome!" Dagur's sheepish expression turned to one of pure, unadulterated pride when he heard you singing his praises.

"I've agreed to let you continue seeing Dagur." Dagur's expression instantly turned sheepish again, but with a hint of a scowl that you couldn't help but notice. Clearly he wasn't too fond of your father calling the shots over your relationship, but that being said you weren't either.

"Dad, we talked about this. I'm not 15 anymore, and Dagur isn't homicidal anymore. There are plenty other situations that are more dangerous than being in a relationship." You explained as sternly as you could while pushing back the weight of your father's stare. He gave an amused huff at your response, emulating your stance and crossing his arms.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, you're as stubborn as your mother was. She was always adamant about doing what she wanted and choosing who she'd be with. I was just so lucky that it was me." Stoick gave a small laugh, shaking his head at the memories of your mother. You swallowed, looking down and thinking of the mother you'd never known but your father had clearly adored.