Chapter 13 - A new Queen approaches

Slight filler chapter, but it's important I promise! Hope y'all enjoy it! 

Also, happy Halloween! Stay safe out there! 

The weeks after losing Dagur were hard. Heather actually moved into your hut for a bit, which made Astrid a tad jealous, so you ended up having quite a few "girls' nights" at yours. Ruffnut was obviously invited too, and she did attend a few of them even with Tuffnut sometimes, but usually she was too busy arranging pranks or fixing the Boar pit with her brother.

When you finally went to your brother about what had happened and how you felt about it, he didn't say much for once. He just hugged you as tight as he could, using a few well-chosen words to calm you down and let you know that as your brother, he loved you and was always going to be there for you.

Coming to terms with Dagur's death was the easy part for the other riders to deal with, it was how much angrier both you and Heather were towards the Dragon Hunters that worried them. After the both of you had finished with the grieving process – and also dealt with your father wanting you back on Berk – you both insisted on finishing what Dagur started.

However, the amount of missions Hiccup was sending you all on was starting to wear on the lot of you.

It all seemed to come to a head when you found out Astrid had been shot by a Dragon Hunter arrow.

"What do you mean 'I'm ok'?! You're bleeding right now, I can see it!" You exclaimed, gesturing to Astrid's leg as Heather helped her limp away from Stormfly and towards your healing cabin. "It's just a scratch, Y/N! Like I said, I'll be fine." She swatted your worrying hands away from you, pushed herself off Heather and walked off herself.

You noticed Meatlug walking and wincing as her wing tensed at her side, clearly strained. How many of you had been injured in the past few missions? Hiccup was seemingly thinking the same thing as you cocked your head at him.

"Ok, how many of you have been injured recently on a mission?" He asked, clearly not expecting the majority of you to raise your hands. Tuffnut started whining about a bug that flew straight into his eye a few days ago, and admittedly you did remember hearing him scream about something but chose to ignore it.

"Look, Hiccup, we all know the risks. It's what we signed up for." Heather reasoned, you nodding to second her opinion before glancing at an incoming blob of green and brown. It was a Terror mail, but who was it from?

Without realising it, your curiosity had brought you to stand right behind your brother, peering over his shoulder at the letter that had been sent. "Do you mind?" He asked in fake irritation as you gave a small giggle, nudging his side as you read the letter.

You almost didn't believe what you were reading. Both you and Hiccup's expressions were identical, wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows looking incredibly confused. "What does it say?" Astrid asked, tying a bandage around her wound that had thankfully stopped most of the bleeding.

You took a step back from your brother as he handed you the letter so you could get a closer look at it. "It's from Viggo. He wants to meet." He told the group, sounding exasperated. You had to mirror his energy; this was the weirdest thing to come from the Dragon Hunters yet.

"Where?"

"One of the smaller islands to the east. Can we go and look at the map? We need to figure out just where he wants to meet you before any of this can go further." You asked, nodding your head towards the Clubhouse. Everyone agreed, making their way with yourself and Hiccup still re-reading the letter.