Chapter 3 - Trick or trade

Y'all begged and I delivered ;) Also, get excited for chapter 5...very interesting stuff in chapter 5...

The next few months flew by in a blur. You had to wonder how Dagur had stayed away for such a long time, especially seeing as he was determined to get you and the newly dubbed 'Dragon Eye' back in his clutches.

Luckily for you, however, most of your missions proved to be much more important to your exploring of the Great Beyond than dealing with Dagur and his growing armada. You had come into extremely close contact with a Snow Wraith, an incredibly dangerous ice dragon that used heat to see its victims. After gaining its tooth from Gothi beating the snot out of it after it went after you, you were able to open it and convince your father to explore what lay beyond the fog banks of the Archipelago.

And that's exactly where you were now. After some more life-threatening situations where you were almost eaten, terrorised by local dragons on your new island home, and Fishlegs was hypnotised into becoming the exact opposite of his usual personality, you were coming to grips with life - quite literally - on The Edge. Or Dragon's Edge as it was appropriately named.

Your hut wasn't anything fancier than the others' really. It was up a little further out, almost camouflaged from the other huts. It had a Changewing head you'd got Fishlegs to help carve out for you on top of it and the inside was pretty cosy with stuff you'd brought back from Berk with you as well as things you'd managed to find by doing some negotiating with new travelling traders you'd met.

As of now, you were perched on Hiccup's chest in his hut while staring intently at the Dragon Eye. He was fiddling with it and testing out different flames and patterns for the gems while muttering to himself. You didn't mind the little narration he was having though.

"So Monstrous Nightmare lense, plus Nightfury equals...Nothing!" He finished with an unsurprised tone as the Dragon Eye failed to produce any sort of result from mixing two dragon types. You gave a small hum of disappointment before jumping as the door to the hut swung open and Astrid stormed in.

"Woah! Astrid class!" You laughed, unaware of the issue she came with.

"Guys, we have a problem. A huge problem!" She announced, glancing behind her. Every few seconds. You instantly shot up from the chest in a slight panic.

"Dagur??" You asked quickly with a small voice crack. You'd been anticipating his return ever since you last saw him and were determined to get to him first.

"Worse!"

"What could possibly be worse than Dagur??" Hiccup asked Astrid before having his question answered with the violent arrival of one very familiar looking Monstrous Nightmare and younger Viking riding him.

"Gustav!!!" He proudly announced himself while picking himself up from draping over Fanghook's neck after the crash landing.

"Gustav?!" Both you and Hiccup gave each other looks as you said his name that clearly communicated you were not in the mood to be dealing with this kid's shenanigans again.

"Gustav..." Astrid joined in your mutual disappointment.

Hiccup quickly passed the Dragon Eye to you behind his back, which you then hid in the gap between the chest and wall, so it was just out of sight. You sighed while sitting atop the chest again just to make sure Gustav didn't get any glances of it. Odin knows what he'd do if he got a hold of it. Best case scenario he ends up destroying The Edge and worst-case scenario he ends up destroying the entire world.

You gave a displeased look as Fanghook started annoying Ghostripper and Toothless, who both hissed at him. Not with aggression, you knew Ghostripper didn't see Fanghook as a threat. It was more like a younger brother annoying his older brothers and getting told to go away, just with dragons.