Authors Note

Monday 12th December 2022

Dear Reader,

Welcome to the end of Crimson King. 

THE STORY:

Exactly two years ago (almost), I finished 'A Dragon's Heart' (still known to some as APK Resurrection) and embarked on a journey with a new set of characters, who you have come to know throughout this book.
When I finished Circe's story in APK at the time, I felt there was still more story to tell about the world that had been born through the APK series, but I was unsure about what it was going to be.
Initially, as I began developing the plot for Crimson King, the idea of a crossover was just that, an idea. But as the characters and the story began to unfold, I realised that these characters were all going to end up far more intertwined than I had ever expected. And as the end of APK was left with unanswered questions, I realised that all of those questions were going to be unveiled in CK, whether I originally meant them to or not.
And now we are here, at the end of a novel that was supposed to be a standalone but has somehow just carried on the series of APK in a different way. 

NEXT:

I am incredibly excited for what is to come, but I will now be taking a break until January and intend to post the first chapter of the second book then. 

THE FANS:

I want to say the biggest, most massive thank-you to you - the readers - who have helped me get through what has probably been the most difficult year of my life. This small but wonderful community has provided me with so much support, whether you realise it or not, and I am so grateful to have this platform to escape to when I'm feeling down. 
I truly appreciate and treasure each of you - silent or vocal - and I hope you know how much you are valued here. I have always felt that, as long as there is one person who can read and enjoy my stories, then I would continue to write for that one. After all, stories are meant to be shared <3

PRESENTS:

For now, I will be leaving you with presents. 

The first is the new cover and title of the second book, (or the fifth if you are an OG reader,) 'The Scarlett Throne'. The first chapter will be posted in January 2023 so keep an eye out!

The idea of the 'Monarch Series' is an idea I'm testing, that will most likely eventually include the APK series under its banner. 

The second easter egg is just a bit of fun that was suggested to me on the face book page! I have had a great time adding these wee bits and pieces to this document as I've been writing, with the intention of dumping them on you all at the end of the book haha. Enjoy!