Chapter 13 | Worthy

Hello, hello!

Sorry for the late update - I have recently begun to study for a teaching diploma to further my career and I also had a busy week at my job so was unable to get much writing done. If this happens again, I will try to post a notice in advance!
That being said, it feels like way longer than two weeks since I last posted a chapter on here! I hope that you are all doing well.

Please enjoy the next Chapter :3
Love always,
Daisy

__________________________

Chapter 13 | Worthy

*

'Nothing changes,
if
nothing changes.'

- Andrew G. Marshall

*

It was just under a month later by the time Darius finally returned to Aether. He had lingered around Elysian until he had been able to confirm that the presence he had felt on top of the mountain had vanished – taking this as a confirmation that Prince Zalas and the other brat had completed the task they had set out to do.

As soon as he crossed the bridge into Aether, he sought out Ezekiel through the pack link and issued an order to meet in his office. There was much that he needed to discuss.

Gather Gabriel and Arlo for council, he ordered his advisor, there has been progression and unforeseen events.

"I will go on ahead," he informed his party, "take care of the rest. Once everything has been unloaded, you may join Mizuki at the training grounds. The morning squad should be just finishing up."

"Yes, Majesty!"

By the time Darius arrived at his office, two of the three he had summoned were gathered, and his eyes narrowed slightly as he enquired as to the whereabouts of his brother.

Ezekiel's face was stiff as he replied. "He is with the Princess, Majesty. I offer apologies on his behalf."

Darius grunted, "I don't need your apologies," he dismissed with a wave, "what I do need is my other advisor, present when I summon him – or has he forsaken his King in the time I have been gone?"

Arlo, his command powered out through the mind-link, searching for the familiar light of his brother. Where are you?

"Your Majesty, Arlo is-

Darius held up a hand to halt Ezekiel's words, his expression darkening as he finally found his brother's location. His fingers drummed impatiently on the desk for a moment before he stood up from his seat abruptly.

"Let us go then."

"Majesty?" Ezekiel started forward in surprise.

"We cannot start council with one of us missing," Darius snarled, "since what my brother is doing seems to be more important than a meeting with his King, his King will go and fetch him personally."

Without another word, he swept out the door, missing the perfunctory look that passed between Ezekiel and Gabriel in his wake.

Darius stormed through the West Wing until he reached a balcony on the North facing side. He flung open the doors and stepped out into the cool, mid-morning sun, glaring coldly down at the training grounds below.