5, Barn... lab... its just a barn

Y/n pov

"I'm trying to, but I just got hit in the head with a ten-foot cannon! If he eats you, I get the GTO." Lucas gets into his car before starting it. Probably not great that he's about to be driving... he may have a concussion.

But also... he... he doesn't even have a mouth... he can't eat you man. But I said nothing and went to Cade.

"Not a word to anybody. Do you hear me? Not a single word. Nobody." Cade scolds Lucas,
He waved his friend off and pulls out of the driveway and onto the road. Cade and I head back into the barn.

I see Optimus and my chest hurts. He's so injured and damaged it's painful to see. I just want him better again. The process is slow with our lack of tools and proper resources, but it'll do for now.

"Took a hell of a hit, you know. The missile just missed your power source." Cade said while working, bending metal to the shape it needs to be.

"We call it a Spark. It contains our life force and our memories." He conversations with him,

I have been helping Cade with Optimus' repairs, since Ratchet taught me their first aid and anatomy. I was a good help.

"Yeah, we call it a soul."

"Cade, why are you willing to help me?" Optimus asks cade, peering down to him.

"I guess maybe because you trust me to." Cade flips his welding mask down and continues on.

I currently don't have anything I can do till Cade finishes the part he's working on, so I go up to Optimus.

"Hello, my little darling." Optimus smiles at me kindly. Clearly he's feeling better.

Face immediately red. Red as hell.

"I-uh- haha hey, uh- um." My words fail me. I forgot how to even think at this point.

Optimus chuckles lightly,

"You are very cute, little one." Optimus smiled to me. I approached him and gently hugged his leg. He gently rubbed my back.

I just held him, I needed to. After cemetery wind, hiding, running, everything. I just need him.

~~~

"I'm back!" I heard Lucas from outside. About time.
Me and Cade did as much as we could with what we had, which sadly wasn't much.

"Took you long enough!" Tess yelled back to him,

"My head hurts, I had to go to the doctor! I got a welt on my head that makes me look like a fricking Star Trek character."

"Whatever." Tess rolled her eyes,

Lucas gave us the stuff we needed and we got back to work.
"Okay can you hand me the 19 millimetre wrench?" I reach my arm out and wait for the tool to be placed in my hand. Once I felt the weight I continued putting the battery back in. Fit like a glove.

"Much better." I sigh, satisfied with my work. Still have lots more to do, but progress is getting made.

Next I worked on doing the repairs around Optimus' spark chamber while Cade worked on replacing the radiator.

I worked cautiously and delicately. He did good at keeping still, but his piercing stare wasn't helping. I don't blame him either. I don't know a whole lot about sparks, but in their culture it's important, and I think it has another biological function that Optimus didn't mention to Cade earlier. Not sure though.

Taking a deep breath I carefully mend wires, bold things back into place, screw things together again, and bend things back into shape.
I almost hit his spark chamber multiple times and got more careful each time. He managed to stay very still, almost creepy.

"How's that feel? Any better? Worse? Something off?" I look up at Optimus who's gaze never left me.

"Much better, thank you little one. You've been very helpful. I cannot thank you enough." He offered me a soft smile, rubbing my cheek with his index digit.

"Anything for you." I snuggle into his hand without hesitation. He cradled me in his hands, smiling down at me as I lied on my back and peered into is blue optics that were filled with love.

~~

Nightfall had arrived at last. Cade finally retired for the night, via being forced by Tess. But it gave me and Optimus some alone time.

He had transformed back to his bipedal form and I of course, was curled up inside with his holoform.

"Do you remember when we first met...?" I asked softly. I felt him shift beneath me slightly.

"How could I not?" He chuckled lightly, playing with a loose strand of hair.

"It took me and the Autobots only a few hours to track you two down. You were the first human I had ever seen as I looked up your files. Before I had even landed on earth I knew you were special."

My heart ached painfully, but in the best way possible. Despite everything I've done... he still makes me feel so happy. I don't deserve him.

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed. I had no words. And he knew it.

So he just held me, as I held him. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

His soft touch and the comfort of his presence made me sleepy. Plus his gentle caressing on my back made me fall asleep very fast.

Little did I know, that the next few days would be some of the worse in a long time.