2, N.E.S.T

Two days. We've been on the road for two days. I've never wanted to kill someone more, kill who? Anyone at this point. Optimus could sense my growing agitation with being cramped in a truck in pretty much the middle of no where, though luckily we're only a few minutes from the Nest base. Though I noticed Optimus being quite quiet. He seemed upset.

"All arriving Autobots, in pan training and debriefing in fifteen minutes. Dino, report to bay twenty-three. Sideswipe, bay thirty-seven for weapons assessment."

Optimus's holoform disappeared and once he parked I go to the back and remove Northstar from the cabin and to the hanger bay. Usually by this time he'd transform, but he didn't. He's definitely upset. Did I make him upset?

"Oh, good! You're here! Me name's Que. I do hope you have answers for him. I've never seen him so upset before." Que looked down to Mearing. Damn the others even noticed?

"Optimus, you remember Charlotte Mearing? Our Director of National Intelligence?" Lennox addressed Optimus.

"He's in a bad mood. He's-a not talking to anybody today. Except for his la signorina," Dino gestured to me, Aw...

"What is this, the silent treatment?" Mearing crossed her arms,

"We've seen that, and this is not that."

"Definitely not." Que added,

"This is worse. Prime! Make something of yourself!" Ironhide hit the roof of Optimus' alt form. He didn't budge.

"Oh my." Que whispered, 

"Y/n can you go talk to him?" Lennox huffed, I nod and approach him.

"Hey Optimus. Can I come in?" I ask softly, his alt forms door popped open softly. I hoisted myself up and into the semi truck.

"What's wrong?" I softly rub the dashboard, 

"We were lied to." He states simply, I immediately looked to Mearing, who was already watching us.

"...What." I was not impressed, nor surprised.

"The engine piece. They didn't they tell us they had it, after all this time of working with us they never informed us of something of this importance." Optimus huffed, 

"Well, I guess we'll have to find out why. Ready?" I ask,  

"Always."

And with that I hopped out and gave him room to transform. I didn't think it was possible for them to convey emotion through transforming, but I was proven wrong. Optimus' ways of breaking apart and reassembling showed frustration, the need for answers. It was quite odd to see him this worked up, but I can't blame him.

"You lied to us. Everything humans know of our planet we were told had all been shared. So why was this found in human possession?" Optimus pointed to the engine piece, 

"We were in the dark on this also. It was Director Only clearance at Sector Seven until now. The bag." Mearing turned to her aid, who asked which bag. One Mearing got the right one she pulled out a piece of paper.

"This is a secret few men knew, and fewer still remain alive. Allow me to please introduce to you two of NASA's founding mission directors and astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin, one of the first two men to step foot on the moon. Sir? Optimus Prime." Mearing walked over to Buzz Aldrin and shook his hand,

"From a fellow space traveler, it's a true honor."Buzz looked up to Optimus, who peered down to his level

"The honor is mine."

"Our entire space race of the 1960's, it appears, was in response to an event." Mearing crossed her arms,

"Our astronauts investigated a crashed alien ship. No survivors on board." A NASA officer spoke up, 

"We were sworn to secrecy by our Commander in Chief." Buzz explained,

"A total of thirty five people knew the real plan at NASA." The NASA guy spoke up again,

"Soviets managed to land unmanned probes. Somehow they must have... picked up that fuel rod."

"We believe the Russians deduced that the rod was a fissionable fuel assembly, believed they had it mastered and tried to harness it at Chernobyl." Mearing sighed, oh... That's horrid, and I was there the other day too...

"We landed six missions in all. We took hundreds of photos and samples. We locked them away forever when the moon program was shut down."

"Well, did you search the crash vault?" Ironhide looked at Mearing, who paused and looked between him and Optimus.

"The ship's name was the Ark. I watched it escape Cybertron myself. It was carrying an Autobot technology which would have won us the war. And... its captain." Optimus looked somber.

"Who was its captain?" Mearing asked,

"The great Sentinel Prime. The technology's inventor. He was commander of the Autobots before me. It's imperative that I find it before the Decepticons learn of its location. Our Autobot spacecraft has the ability to get there. And... you must pray it's in time." Optimus stood up, 

"Autobots, prepare the ship. Ratchet, we're going to bring Sentinel home." Optimus ordered,

"What? You're going to space?" I peer up at my guardian, who set his servo down for me to climb onto.

"Yes, Little one. Ratchet and I are going to the moon to retrieve Sentinel Prime." Optimus brought me to chest level as he walked towards the ship in another Hanger.

"That's... So cool. When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut." I smile sadly at my discarded dream.

"Why didn't you?"

"Fear held me back." I look away shamefully. Optimus hummed, pausing. 

I felt one of his digits gently lift my chin to look at him,

"My Little one, Do you want to go to space with us?"

"I- Uhgbra- Huh?!!" I almost fall over, Optimus looked amused. Very amused.

"Fuck yeah!" I cheer, Optimus nods and radios someone, but I was too pumped to notice or care.

I'm going to space bitch!