S2E9: Back to the Lab ...for Keeps

ACT I [EXT. / CHADIAN WOODLAND / SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER]

Nothing quite like a peaceful morning in the open outdoors -- and the encompassing wildlife makes the most out of it. This includes a herd of giraffes, grazing the high-hung greens for a balanced breakfast. Some share the same tree, while others prefer to eat alone. But regarding one such giraffe, it's already had its fill -- proceeding to burn it off in a stroll through the woodlands. However, something puts a little pause on that. Something... interesting.

A portion of ground it's about to walk past suddenly unearths itself, seamlessly sliding open like gates. This causes the giraffe to trip, and almost fall like a tree. Fortunately, the long-legged ungulate snatches back its balance, immediately fleeing soon after. Regarding the square-shaped hole in the ground, inside reveals that it's more than just a hole. Rather, it's some sort of stairway structure, leading deep down to... well, wherever.

Just then, footsteps can be heard from below, growing stronger with each step. Whoever could it be? Whatever could it be? Well, soon to arise from the shadowy depths to the light of day is...

Terra: [Finishes her ascent back to the surface. After briefly checking her Nightmare Radar, she then looks around to see if anyone saw her just now]...

Aside from some neighboring wildlife, the coast is pretty much clear. The psychic jellyfish then proceeds to close the hole of the earthen stairway, making it look like it was never there to begin with. Just the way she intends to keep it.

With business taken care of, Terra gets ready to head off. But right before she does, she hears a sudden commotion not too far from her. Curious, the jellyfish takes flight over to it. And upon bird's-eye-view, she sees both the symptom and cause for said commotion. A whole herd of startled giraffes, running away in a frenzy. But from what?

Terra: ... [soon recognizes the cause]!

It's some sort of arm sticking out of the ground, with the rest of its body... well, not exactly "buried" per se. It's more so encased within the ground, almost like a fossil. Regarding the visible body part -- it's long and dangly, but most notably, mechanical. Without a second thought, Terra hurries in descent towards the arm. And with her psionic prowess in hand, she scoops up a sizable chunk of the earth -- discarding its contents until there's nothing left but a priceless treasure.

Terra: Doc, you okay?

Doc: ɆⱤⱤØⱤ. ɆⱤⱤØⱤ.

Terra: ... I'll take that as a "no" then.

...

In a short passage of time, the jellyfish is seen cruising high in the sky -- all while offering Doc a free ride via telekinesis. As this occurs, Terra tries calling Radi on her cellphone (currently 23% power). Only to get...

Phone: ... Your call has been for-

Terra: [hangs up] He's not answering either.

She'd ask what happened to the others, but she's not expecting an answer anytime soon. Aside from the occasional "єгг๏г, єгг๏г", the closest Doc can give to a response are just twitches and jerks -- his extended arm included.

Terra: Let's deal with you first. One trip to the lab, and you'll be good as n-

Doc: ["regurgitates" some sorta oil-like substance mid flight] ɆⱤⱤØⱤ.

Terra: ... Well, "good" in general.

With that destination in mind, it's full speed ahead as Terra blasts off through the upper blue.