S2E7: Zoned Out ...for Adrift Apart

ACT I [INT. / FRISKA'S LAB / MORNING]

Umeme. Radi. Friska. These three are currently inside the lab's central computer room.

Found it!

There, the hare shares with the pair something to be stared from upon her hardware. That being a collection of photos taken on the moon -- more specifically, taken deep, deep within it. And displayed alongside them is a photo of the jet black spherical meteor"ite" -- taken by Umeme long before.

Umeme: Okay, so from what I'm getting at, the ziggurat used to be the moon's core?

Friska: That's what I thought too. But according to recent seismic data, the inner core is still intact. [points at Umeme's photo] And this right here's less than half its size.

Umeme: [scratches his left ear] So... a baby core, maybe?

Radi: Hm. If that's the case, then the mommy core must be some sort of power source. I bet if we take it out, it might stop that Nightmare Maker for good.

Umeme: Aaand what, you're suggesting we just blow up the moon?

Radi: Wh- no! No, of course not!

Umeme: [raises an eyebrow]...

Radi: Well, maybe blow half of it. Y'know, the tides n' all that. Plus we could always keep the front side so no one'll notice.

Friska: [rolls her eyes] Right... well hopefully it doesn't have to come to that. I've had a lot of eyes up there for a while now, and things seem to be pretty normal so far.

Radi: Yeah, if you count having passed a kidney stone as normal. What's stopping the moon from passing another one?

Friska: (sighs) I wish we could use the improved radar to find out, but it still can't find the one here on Immobi.

Umeme: I mean, I wouldn't say that just yet. We've pretty much searched all over Africa, so what if it's on some other continent?

Friska: Yyyeah, about that...

The scene briefly flashes back to a few weeks prior, when Friska and Terra are last seen together in the Western Desert. Using the Hopper's tractor beam, and aid from the psychic jellyfish, quick work is made collecting a gold rush of fulgurite from the sand. As that's being done, the two appear to be discussing something.

Terra: (having finished her previous sentence). Haven't tried that yet.

Friska: Yyyeah, about that...

While they chat and gather, certain affairs take place outside the African continent. Friska's rabbots have already been deployed in droves -- and are busy scouring the other mainlands for any signs of the ziggurat. They've been doing so using Nightmare Radars, updated into their systems as of recently. And all across The Cool Blue Rock, no stone goes unturned.

However, as the weeks pass by, no such luck has fallen upon the artificial lagomorphs. Even up to now, that tease-of-a-temple still goes under their radar. (Although, something worth noting is that as of currently, no Nightmares can be found on any other continent).

Friska: I just don't get it. The radar can detect these monsters no sweat. So what makes their creator any different?

Umeme: Mm... something tells me that's a rhetorical question.

Radi: Not as rhetorical as, "Hey -- we playing hide-and-seek, or hide-and-never-be-seeked-again?"

Friska: The-uhh past tense is actually "sought".