S2E13: No Turning Back ...for Exodus

ACT I [INT. / UNDERGROUND / LATE AFTERNOON]

Welp, they actually did it. Umeme, Radi, Terra, Friska, and Doc all managed to now bear witness to the elusive ziggurat. Domain of the Nightmare Maker. And it's all thanks to the help of a magical bubble. Go fig.

Friska: So this is what the ziggurat looks like.

Radi: Yep, just as brooding and edgy as I remembered.

Umeme: ... [first to notice] Hey, the bubble.

They see it floating down until it reaches the very bottom of the ziggurat's central stairway. Having fulfilled its delivery, the Voyager Bubble pops into thin air -- safely releasing the red velvet cake. Although, something worth noting is that there appears to be no recipients outside the temple. Or anyone for that matter.

Friska: Hm... No sign of any guards in the perimeter.

Terra: Assuming this place even needs guards. So how exactly are we sneaking in?

Doc: If the architecture matches that of a man-made ziggurat, there should be service entrances located on each side.

Friska: Alright, let's check 'em ou-

Terra: Wait, did the cake get noticed? Or us for that matter?

...

Radi: ... Hm. No teleport, no worrywart.

Umeme: Let's just hope it stays that way. C'mon.

The N-24 Hopper soon advances forward, going around to the left side of the ziggurat while still high above. Friska makes sure to go nice and steady, not wanting to draw any attention. And as for the red velvet down below, it soon gets surrounded in a green glow. No, not fire -- but a force that picks it up and moves it all the way over to the left side. Nice and steady.

Within a few precious minutes, the Revo-lutionists now find themselves near a myriad of legit service entrances. Alongside the red velvet cake, still under Terra's telekinetic tether. (She wouldn't dare touch such corrupt confections).

Friska: [has the Hopper currently parked behind a sizable rock formation, keeping their presence concealed] Okay, lil' guy. You know what ta' do.

After a nodded response, the rabbot activates two special features in terms of stealth. One is a thick padding of synthetic fur, sprouting solely from the soles of its feet. Second is a light refracting field that cloaks its entire body, making it completely invisible to the naked eye.

Radi: (lets out an impressed whistle)

Umeme: Outta sight, outta mind.

Friska: Not for us though. [takes out what appears to be a computer tablet of hers] We'll be able to see everything he sees. You guys ready for a sneak peek?

Radi: Forgot to grab popcorn, but I think I'll manage.

Without further ado, Friska briefly opens up the cockpit. Releasing the cloaked rabbot as it steadily treads into one of the many, many openings. After passing straight through like welcome air, it finds itself slinking down a long, dimly lit corridor. So far, so good. (So far at least).

The cautious machine looks around at the walls and ceiling -- all adorned with mural-like carvings. Said carvings are intricate, yet at the same time... primal. Imagery of demoniac beasts plague the whole passageway, thickening the atmosphere with a heavy foreboding. It's all quite a sight to behold. Not exactly a feast for the eyes, but more like a famine.