S1E4: Look What the Cat Dragged In ...You Little Nightmare!!

ACT I [EXT. / NAMIBIAN WASTELANDS / DAY]

Across the vast wastelands, Umeme, Radi, and Terra are caught in a high speed chase by the same v-shaped dust cloud from earlier. As the creatures from within it begin to further spread out, the dust cloud slowly shifts out of the way, revealing that these creatures are a flock of birds. These birds resemble that of hamerkops, on account of their slender bodies, long bills, and hammer-like crests. However, their plumage consists of a ghostly grey and they appear to be much more vicious, hostile, and -- discounting only one of them -- taller.

Despite the discrepancy in height, these avians are all dead set on hunting down the cheetah, peregrine, and jellyfish. Their high speed pursuit leads into a deep, narrow canyon consisting of numerous pathways. After briefly communicating in a series of cackles and nasal rattles, the hamerkop-like creatures use these pathways to their advantage by splitting up to and blocking each one, eventually forcing the three into a dead end. Or so they thought.

Radi and Terra fly their way out of the dead end, whereas Umeme uses his built-up momentum to run vertically on the rocky surface of the canyon's ledge. The relentless beasts regroup and head upward as well, still on their tail. But as soon as the three make their way up to higher ground, Terra steps in to give them a little surprise. Raising her right leg up high, she focuses most of her psychokinetic energy into her foot, and after doing so, she axe-kicks the ledge with an impact akin to a wrecking ball. This causes said ledge to split into large chunks of boulders, descending towards the ascending hamerkops.

In spite of trying to maneuver away at the last second, the whole flock is caught under the falling rocks -- and is soon given an earth-rumbling burial from below. The three then descend back down to attend their memorial; May they rest in pieces.

Radi: (chuckles in relief) That's one way to turn the tables.

Terra: Let's not get too comfortable. Umeme, you said something about a meteorite turning into a ziggurat, yes?

Umeme: Yeah. It's where that creepy mannequin thing came from, [looks back at the remains] and probably these guys too.

Terra: Well then, I think I should pay it a visit. You two stay put for the time being.

Umeme: But-

Terra surrounds her body in a bubbly aura and flies off full speed towards the ziggurat, all before Umeme could give a response.

Umeme: Stay put? Y'know, I don't think she knows us all too well.

Radi: Can't let her have all the fun. Whoever's inside is gonna regret messing with us.

Both Umeme and Radi are ready to join her, but as soon as Terra's out of range, they are quick to hear something amongst the bouldery rubble. Surprisingly, a surviving hamerkop(the runt of the flock) slips its way out of the cracks and flies aggressively over to the cheetah and peregrine, ready to attack. Anticlimactically, however, Radi easily paralyzes the runt with a lightning bolt, rendering it immobilized yet twitching on the ground.

Umeme: ...

Radi: ... Huh.

Umeme then gets another call from his cell phone.

Umeme: It's Friska. [picks up the call] Hey, what's up?

Friska Maria Harevoros: [transferring something from her phone straight to her central computer] I got your picture -- and it's incredible! Dumb posing aside, it's unlike anything I've ever seen before. (voice-over) Say -- if you're able, think you can pick up a sample on your way back?