S1E8: Itsy-Bitsy ...for Arachnofoe (Part II)

ACT I [EXT. / CAMEROON RAINFOREST / AFTERNOON]

As the two speedsters lay flat on the forest floor, Umeme's ears (starting from his left to his right) appear to be oscillating, focusing on the sound of web slinging fading away into the distance. Less than a minute later, with Anansi as far away from them as possible, Umeme finally drops the act and catapults himself right up from the ground. After doing so, he lets out the air he quickly took in before being engulfed by the venomous cloud. If he was about as close to the spider as Radi, then they both would've been paralyzed without time to assess the situation.

After regaining his breath, the cheetah hurries over and crouches down to the still paralyzed peregrine.

Umeme: Guess I better try something on you instead, Radi. I hope this works.

Rather than just his fingertip, Umeme coats his whole hand in electricity, and he places said hand on Radi's back -- sending an electric current throughout his whole body. This process is meant to restimulate his nerves and muscles so that he can move again. But as of right now, results of recovery are fruitless.

Umeme: C'mon... c'mon...

Despite this, the cheetah is persistent in getting the peregrine out of the venom's effect. He continues to send multiple electric currents throughout Radi's body.

Around 30 minutes later...

As Umeme's electrotherapy session continues, he soon notices a twitch coming from the peregrine's talons. Surprised that actually did something, he proceeds to gradually elevate his voltage. Doing so until Radi catapults himself right back on his feet. Finally, the bird o' prey is unparalyzed. Hm, although...

Umeme: Radi, you alright?

Radi: (angrily speaks without use of tongue, uttering only lisp and raspberries)

Umeme: ... Uh... what?

Radi: (repeats what he said tonguelessly until he notices that)

Umeme: (snickers to himself a bit) I-uh... think your tongue's still in sleep mode, dude.

Annoyed, Radi fixes that by focusing his electricity throughout his beak area, slowly but steadily regaining control of his tongue.

Radi: (lets out a sigh in relief) I said... [grabs Umeme by his shoulders and shakes him aggressively] WHEN I FIND THAT DAMN BUG, I'LL MAKE HIM WISH HE HAD EXTRA LIMBS!!!

Umeme: Yeesh, [gets him to let go] dull the edge down, will ya? C'mon, I know which way he went.

Umeme charges up his body and blitzes away to the same direction he heard Anansi take. Radi does the same and follows behind. After the passage of a few minutes, as they continue to speed through the lush greenery, Umeme has already brought Radi up to speed on what happened during his paralysis.

Radi: Wait, hold on. The hell does that bug guy want with the radar?

Umeme: Beats me. All I know is that Friska's gonna kill us if she finds out it got stolen.

Radi: Y'mean kill you, right?

Umeme: (looks at Radi with a peeved expression)...

Radi: Hey -- I'm not the one who faked being paralyzed, so I get off scot-free either way.

Umeme: Augh, whatever! Let's just split up and cover more gro- WHOA!!!

Making his way out of the dense vegetation, Umeme is about to fall right into the giant sinkhole made by the Meerkat Nightmare earlier. But just at the nick of time, he digs his feet (claws included) firmly to the earth and makes a sharp stop, standing just mere inches from the ledge. The cheetah sighs in relief, but is immediately baffled by how this sinkhole came to be.