RS: Stage Select (Vol. 1)

Side Note: Excluding my own character / logo designs, the following images are AI generated (which I do not profit from, by the way). Not all of these locations look 100% accurate to what the writing suggests; Nor might certain places be subject to appear in the story. They're merely here to help flesh out the world (plus universe) these characters inhabit. 

________________________________________________________________________________

THEIR WORLD: PLANET IMMOBI

This planet goes by many names -- such as Earth, Planet o' Freedom, Chiaroscuro Gaia, The Cool Blue Rock, and so on

This planet goes by many names -- such as Earth, Planet o' Freedom, Chiaroscuro Gaia, The Cool Blue Rock, and so on. For reasons unknown, its main name was derived from the Latin phrase "obiectus immobilis" (immovable object). Which is rather ironic, considering that it's a world of constant change and motion. What planet isn't?

Its main native inhabitants are none other than the Immobians. Scientific Name: N/A. (As an example, Immobian cheetahs would remain classified as "Acinonyx jubatus"). Other Names: Zoans, Vermans, Fauna Folk, The Erect Ones, etc. 

They're a collective race of sapient, generally bipedal animals of various shapes and sizes. As well as various powers and abilities -- though that depends on either the individual or their respective species. And regardless of what species they are, they all share special genes responsible for their baseline appearance (two arms, two legs, opposable thumbs, all that jazz). They're called LUCA-genes, named after the "Last Universal Common Ancestor" of all life on Immobi. Small world, huh?

Speaking of which -- other coexisting species include the Immobics, their non-sapient counterparts. Hunted for food, kept for companionship, trained for labor, or simply living for the sake of living. Though referred to as just regular animals, it doesn't change the fact that they served as precursors for what came after. And while these classics have remained relatively unchanged over the course of evolution, the "moderns" got to diverge into something much more.

The current year is 2191.

________________________________________________________________________________

PROWLING PLAINS

(Chadian savannah, Chad)