☾hapter LIII

When we arrived to meet Historia, only Hange and I went inside to see her. Eren and Mikasa didn't accompany us because they needed to change. According to Hange, it was better for me to personally deliver this letter to Historia.

Upon entering the room, Hange bowed to her, while I opted for a simple smile. After all, she had expressed a preference for a less formal approach.

" Nizzy ! I'm so happy to see you! Hange, it's nice to see you too". Historia greeted us.

" I'm glad to see you too, Historia. I know this might be a bit difficult, but you really need to read this". I said, handing her the letter.

She appeared somewhat confused as she accepted the letter, then settled down to read its contents.

As she opened the letter, I noticed her surprise before she delved into its contents. I signaled Hange and myself to take a seat, allowing Historia to focus on the letter.

She read the letter quickly and remained silent, her gaze locked thoughtfully onto its words. I watched as she turned it over before glancing at Hange.

" Is that all there was ?". Historia asked.

Hange nodded," Yes... I'm sure she wasn't able to write down any information that could be useful to us, but... Was there a message that only you or Anelise might understand ? A code or something ?".

I simply shook my head and sighed, awaiting Historia's response.

" I don't know. But I don't think she'd do something like that. Ah... What an idiot. Ymir... You really were an idiot. Laughing it off when you so much as blushed... I'll never understand you". Historia sadly mumbled.

I stood up and placed my hand on her shoulder, which she began to squeeze. Seeing her cry tugged at my heart. I knew she loved Ymir, perhaps more than anyone else...

" Did... she wrote to you too, Nizzy ?". She whispered to me.

I nodded," Yeah... This idiot managed to make me cry".

She chuckled slightly, her grip on my hand tightening. Her laughter sounded so broken.

Unfortunately, there were no words I could offer to ease her pain. I could only hope that my presence would provide some comfort as I stared out of the window at the city.

A knock on the door interrupted our moment, and I had a pretty good guess who it was. Swiftly, I retrieved a handkerchief from my jacket and handed it to Historia.

" They're here. Come in". The soldier announced.

The door opened to reveal Levi, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren. Historia quickly wiped her tears with my handkerchief before passing it back to me.

" Keep it, doll". I said with a faint smile.

" Th-thanks". She stammered before turning her attention to them.

Historia rose, and I followed suit.

" Your Majesty". Eren, Mikasa, and Armin greeted, bowing respectfully.

I smirked as Levi merely rolled his eyes and made no move to bow to Historia.

" S-Stop it. It's not even official yet". Historia said in a slightly panicked tone.

Mikasa, Eren, and Armin simply smiled at her, remaining silent.

" You've been through so much... And I was just watching the southern sky from within the walls". Historia's voice trailed off, a hint of melancholy in her tone.

" Nonsense, you also have a very important role to play. I've heard that everything you've done, you've done brilliantly. I'm proud of you, and I always knew you would make a great Queen". I reassured her, witnessing a flustered expression flicker across her face.