☾hapter XIX

We arrived at dawn near Utgard Castle. Unconsciously, I urged my horse to go faster. Two Titans stood before Historia, and I couldn't allow any harm to befall her. My determination and anger surged.

" Mikasa, take care of one of them. I'll handle the other". I instructed.

Mikasa nodded firmly, replying," Roger !".

" Izzy, you're in no condition to face these Titans". Armin exclaimed, trying to stop me.

" I don't care. Krista's in danger, and I won't let her be devoured !". I retorted, spurring my horse forward.

I leaped off my horse and swiftly launched my grapple into the neck of the Titan on the right, severing it. Meanwhile, Mikasa engaged the other Titan.

" Mikasa, Anelise ?". Krista exclaimed in surprise.

" Stay back, Krista... Everyone else too". Mikasa ordered.

I descended from one of the castle's stones, clutching my side in pain.

My eyes widened when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Reiner, wearing a slight smile.

" You've pushed yourself too hard, Princess. Although, it's nice to see you again". Reiner told me.

" Thank you for saving us, Anelise". Bertholdt added.

" Me too, and it's nothing". I replied with a nervous smile.

" It's you... Why are you both...?". Connie's voice trailed off.

I grinned, interrupting him," Not happy to see me, big brother ?".

" Of course, Izzy ! I'm glad to see you !". Connie stammered.

" Leave this to us, Izzy. Stay and rest; I don't want to see you move again". Mikasa instructed.

I nodded, not wanting to push myself further," All right, Mika".

Mikasa used her 3DM Gear to handle the remaining Titans while I stayed with the others.

I approached Krista and embraced her, whispering in her ear," I'm glad to see you again, Historia".

Historia looked at me in surprise and murmured," How ?".

" I had some memories about you. I'll tell you more about it when we get back". I said, noticing the confusion in her eyes.

I placed my hands on her shoulders to look at her closely.

" You don't have to hide anymore, and I'm sorry you had to pay for your parents' mistakes. But you're not alone anymore. So forgive me for not understanding the signals you were sending me about your true identity. You were calling me for help, and I didn't hear...". I explained, filled with remorse.

Historia stared at me emotionally," It's nothing. Maybe I should have told you straight away. Thanks, Nizzy".

" I guess Ymir knows about it ?". I wondered.

Historia only nodded in response.

" Where is she anyway ?". I asked, scanning the area with concern.

Historia's eyes widened as she grabbed my hand, and we ran towards a motionless figure on the ground.

" Everyone else, eliminate those Titans ! Units in the back, secure a perimeter". I heard Hange vaguely ordering, their voice muffled because of the motionless body.

We reached Ymir, and I gazed at her in horror. She had lost a leg and an arm, yet steam was emanating from the wounds.

" Oh my God... Is she... too ?". I nervously asked Historia.