☾hapter XLVIII

Levi and I had finally closed in on the Beast Titan. It appeared surprised to see us venture this far. With a resounding war cry, the Beast Titan attempted to seize Levi, but he swiftly severed its hand while I gouged out its eyes.

If you think we're going to give you time to recover, you monster, you're wrong ! I thought, my anger building.

This is for Mike, Nanaba, Gelgar, and Connie's village I thought, my rage intensifying.

I descended rapidly and sliced the Titan's ankles, causing it to plummet to the ground.

" This is for the Survey Corps members and Erwin !". I screamed in fury as I severed one of its feet.

Levi, on the other hand, landed on the Titan's back, his expression seething with anger.

" Well, don't let me put a damper on your fun". Levi darkly stated.

I joined Levi, careful not to get too close for fear of being dismembered.

My heart raced as I watched Levi angrily slash the Beast Titan's neck, extracting its host. The man had no time to react as Levi thrust his blade into the man's mouth. This man... 

Why did he remind me so much of Grisha? I pondered with a furrowed brow

" Turning into a Titan puts a heavy strain on your body... So you can't transform again while you're busy healing. Isn't that right ?". Levi declared.

The man began to bleed, and Levi pressed his blade harder into his mouth.

It reminded me of what Kenny did to that bloated pig Rod Reiss. It seemed to be a family trick, I thought, sweat forming on my brow.

" Ouch... It must hurt. I feel sorry for you". I said ironically.

The man locked eyes with me briefly before Levi's blade pierced his left eye. He writhed in agony, his screams muffled by the blade in his mouth.

" Hey. Answer us. Don't you have any manners ?". Levi demanded.

I scanned the surroundings, hoping for a survivor...

Levi couldn't kill him now. Perhaps someone was still alive? No matter how injured they were, as long as they were breathing, Levi could use the shot Kenny had given him to turn them into a Titan. Then, he could have them devour this man and claim the power of the Beast Titan.

I stepped forward and placed my hand on Levi's shoulder; he seemed to understand my intentions. Suddenly, a noise behind me made me turn in horror as the quadrupedal Titan opened its mouth. Damn it ! We completely forgot about that one !

I urgently shoved Levi out of harm's way. The quadrupedal Titan snatched the man in its jaws. I tried to escape, but then I felt myself being yanked down. My eyes widened as I realized I was ensnared in a net.

What the hell ? Did those bastards mistake me for a fish ? And where did this net come from ?

The Titan began sprinting toward the wall while Levi watched in fear and despair.