Act Two : Chapter 29

"Artemis," Cassie smirked knowingly with the knife on her neck, " nice house." I put my knife down rolling my eyes as she engulfs me in a tight hug.

"Nicest security system you came through, how'd you do it anyway?"

Cassie smirks with an awkward look on her face, her dark eyes and deeply tanned skin shinned in a light like they used to do when we were teens. "It's kind of embarrassing," she puts her hands in her pockets shifting side to side looking around the room, slight red streaks in her hair showing with her new bob cut. "Can we go to a different room we need to talk?"

I walk to the hall, I quietly close Callie's bedroom door. I look to Cassie, " the explanation? Don't forget the part where you were supposed to be dead or when you didn't come back after we waited for you."

"I do at least owe you that after all, you are taking care of my daughter." She walks up the stairs with me to the observatory room where it was quiet and we have a full view of the stars it also had a huge balcony and it was on the east wing of the home and the attic was on the west.

I grab a bottle of wine and two glasses, Cassie sits on the seat in front of mine looking around the room.

"I disguised myself as one of the landscapers after I knocked them out. I found the location of the house by tailing Suho's men when they were picking up the dragon statue." She spoke fast, finishing with a sigh, "a lot of work to even get in this house."

Cassie lost her Arabic accent, her hair was cut but in messy waves. She usually kept her hair in long braids, now her hair reached her shoulders. She no longer had that spunk of energy in her eyes, she had the eyes of an old soldier.

"Where have you been these past five years?" I sit back in my chair to observe her. It was thing to get in my house, but not just pop back from the dead.

"I died, but I was bought back with Callie and separated from her. After I was bought back they put me in this winter soldier place." She recalls starting at me, "it was a prison for other ARES kids who didn't get to escape but died instead. There you train do labor and also go on little hunts." She moved her hands in magic-like motions with twisted lips.

"Until Scarlet and Rossi picked me up, Rossi wanted to reunite our family and he had Callie. Callie was brought back successfully after two years of having no activity in her heart," she smiles sadly. "I was in that prison for two years."

Rossi was Scarlet's brother and heir to the Irish mob and German mob. Rossi is Callie's father which makes her super important mob-wise.

Callie had European blood, but she took after her mother looking Arabic with brown eyes.

"When I got out I was sent with Scarlet to help train Giovanni's daughter and be a prisoner on standby. I escaped and escaped, but that bitch and Rossi planned to impregnate me to get me to stay."

She looks off into the sky, "I got pregnant, but he was stillborn and they are trying to bring him back. I named him Orion Asad Mughal, but you know how men in mobs are."

They were holding a grieving woman after her child that is dead.

"I put Callie in your direction, I knew Vlad would mold her so I got a few girls who loved her to help place her in London where you would be so she doesn't go through what we did."

She knew he wouldn't hurt her, she was his ticket to power. His ticket to me.

"I'm so sorry, Cass. If you want you can stay with us—"

She waves her hands, "no I only came to warn you, Adora."

"She's coming, they're coming, you need to hatch up some sort of plan. They have hiers you don't even know about to carry on their mission."