EPILOGUE

The Engagement

Bradley wrung his hands nervously. 

You'd been together for a year now; it had been a whole year since the mission that changed your lives. 

After returning from leave, he moved in with you straight away, not bearing to be away from you for even a second. Maverick kept his place out in the desert, but had moved in with Penny, both of them really making a go of it this time. 

But right now, he was in their bathroom, about to ask Maverick the most important question of his life.

Stepping out, he took a deep breath, and walked back to the kitchen, where his godfather and Penny sat patiently. 

With shaky hands, he pulled a small velvet box from his pocket, opening it, and placing it in front of him.

"Is this your mother's ring?" Maverick gasped, picking up the item.

"Yeah, she gave it to me before she died." Bradley chuckled sadly, "She said the only girl that was worthy of giving it to was (Y/N), so that's what I'd like to do."

Maverick smirked, finally, he thought. 

"What are you saying, Bradley?"

"I would like to ask your daughter to marry me, if you'd allow it, sir."

Rooster kept it professional and respectful, knowing the traditions he'd been raised upon. 

He shifted uncomfortably as Maverick held a hardened gaze on his godson. He had wanted to jump up immediately, scream his blessing from the rooftops, but he knew it would be a little more fun to make Rooster suffer.

"Of course, I'll allow it, Bradley." Maverick smiled, "I couldn't ask for anyone better to look after my daughter."

With Maverick's blessing in tow, Rooster set to work on planning his proposal. 

He knew you loved romance, and he knew you loved the beach. 

So that settled it. 

Whilst he took you to dinner at the old diner on the promenade, he enlisted the rest of the squad to set up a small picnic area on the beach, right where the view of the sunset was the most spectacular.

He walked you along the beach, both of you giggling as you lazily bashed into each other, and eventually, you had made your way to a small clearing that you knew so well. 

Your hand flew to your mouth as you gasped at the sight. 

There was a small, red picnic blanket set in the sand, with lilies and rose petals scattered around beautifully. A small basket held a bottle of wine and two glasses, and the rest was surrounded with a handful of lit candles.

"Bradley...this, this is beautiful." You breathed.

"Not as beautiful as you." He replied with a grin.

You blushed, putting your face in your hands, the romance and the sweetness of the moment completely overcoming you. Rooster stepped to you, pulling your hands away and placed a sweet kiss to your lips before leading you onto the blanket.

"I wanna talk, darlin'." He spoke.

"Oh, right, okay." You said, nervousness setting in. "What about?"

You had moved to sit down, but he stopped you, grabbing your wrists to position you in front of him. This did nothing to calm your nerves, especially when the same nervous expression was staring back at you from his own face.