ONE

5 years later.

The crash of the ocean waves pulled you out of your thoughts, your eyes opening as you leaned up against your motorcycle in the parking lot of the Hard Deck Bar. 

You watched as more uniforms poured in through the doors, and turned, placing your helmet on the seat. 

Your phone pinged, once again disturbing your silence.

Phoenix:
You on your way? Just a heads up, Rooster is here.
Can't wait to see you! <3

You:
Just got here, I don't know if I can do this, Tash.

Phoenix:
Get your sweet ass in here! It'll be fine, Seresin's here too ;)

Sighing, you shoved your phone into the bag hanging loosely from your shoulder, and made your way into the bar. 

Amongst the swarm of people, you spotted the familiar faces of those you had grown to know over your many nights helping out here; Penny, your surrogate mother, was manning the bar. 

Phoenix, Fanboy, Payback and Coyote, surrounded by others you were not so familiar with, were all looking in the same direction. 

You followed their gaze, and first land on Jake Seresin, Hangman. You smiled to yourself, having missed your wingman. 

But that smile soon faded, as your eyes landed on the man he seemed to be arguing with.

Bradley fucking Bradshaw.

For the first time in six years, you saw your childhood best friend, and your heart was beating so loud, you worried everyone around you could hear it. 

With a shake of your head, you turned, pulling off your jacket - your mother's old aviation leather jacket, only improved by your own added patches - and hanging it on the hook next to the door. 

As you did so, you greeted several of the bar regulars who recognised you.

Across the bar, Bradley Bradshaw stood in disbelief as he looked at the person who had just walked through the door. 

It was almost as though his vision was moving in slow motion as he watched you greet people, and his heart almost exploded when you pushed your sunglasses into your hair, shaking it lightly and turning to face his direction. 

He struggled to remember if you had been this beautiful the last time he saw you. 

He couldn't believe it. 

The one person hurt by the worst thing he ever did in his life was standing meters from him, and only getting closer.

"(Y/N)! You're here!" 

The squealed words came from Phoenix, as she rushed down to greet you, her best friend, by slamming into you as she wrapped her arms around you.

"Hello to you too, Tash." you giggled, but hugging her back with as much strength.

"You look fucking gorgeous!" the Latina said, smirking at you and lowering her voice to a whisper, "Bradshaw is gonna die when he sees you."

"Yeah, I think I'd rather die than go over there." you quipped, tipping your head back. 

"Oh come on, it'll be fine. I'll introduce you like you've never even met!" Phoenix laughed, grabbing your hand and pulling you towards the others, who had stood and watched your reunion.