SIXTEEN

Exhausted by the sun and the football, you, Phoenix, and Halo had decided to rid yourselves of the clothes pasted to you by wet sand. 

Over by the bags, you wiped your legs.

"I think it's time for a dip, ladies!" Halo announced, and you cheered in agreement.

"Yeah, I think that's what those boys were hoping for," Phoenix said, and you looked over to see every male in the squadron standing around, trying to steal glances, "Rooster and Hangman could not be more obviously staring at you right now, (Y/N)."

"Pair of dogs," you laughed, blushing a little, "But look how much Fanboy is drooling over you Miss Trace!"

It was her turn to blush now, as Halo stated, "The testosterone on this squadron is exhausting." which made you all laugh.

"Well, if it's a show they want, it's a show they'll get." you said.

Stepping forward into the sunlight, and maybe a little more to give the boys a good view, you slowly pulled your shirt over your head to reveal the yellow two piece you were wearing. 

The way the top fell pulled your hair out of its loose bun, and you scoffed a little, amused by how it must have looked like some cringe movie montage. 

You tossed the shirt onto your bag, and pushed your shorts down your legs, kicking them to the side. 

You topped the move off with a lazy shake of your hair, and picked up the sunscreen to rub into your newly exposed areas.

"Fucking hell, (Y/N)! You're gonna kill them!" Phoenix laughed, and you looked back at her, smiling.

"That's the idea!" you said, encouraging the two women to follow in your footsteps.

Once you were all clad in your beachwear, and sunscreen reapplied, you turned towards the bar, where you saw Maverick chatting with Penny. 

You smiled, raising your hand to your eyes to get a better look, and your heart warmed at the way they smiled and laughed with each other.

"Shit, (Y/N)- Rooster is coming over, good luck! Be brave, FLIRT!" 

You barely had time to respond as Phoenix dragged Halo toward the ocean, being joined by some of the others.

You turned in the direct of where you last saw your teammates, and indeed, Rooster was sauntering over to you, body glistening in the sun. 

When he got to you, no words were shared. 

He stepped close, and pulled his own sunglasses off his face, placing them on your nose. His fingers grazed your body as his hand made its way back to his side, stopping to run along your scar. 

Despite the heat of the desert sun, you shivered, goose bumps raising from his touch.

"Cold, darlin'?" he whispered, and you shook your head, a little scared to speak, "Good, 'cause you look hot in my glasses."

You giggled, be brave! 

"Didn't I looked hot before?" you whispered back, turning in a circle to give him the full view of the bikini.

"You're making it really hard to work on being just friends." He grunted, and it made your heart skip.

"And you're not?" You hit back, making him smirk as he turned to look back at the others.

"Ha, think your boyfriend might be a little jealous." he said.

You looked past him to see that Hangman was watching from afar, clearly not paying any attention to whatever Harvard was saying to him.