Cold Open

*A few weeks later*

Everyone was in the Dragon's Lair now

Ryu was a few feet away from the rest of the group while the rest of the group was huddled together doing their own stuff

He picks up the capsule with both hands and looks at it

He clicks on the bottom and moves around the top part

He notices Thunder trying to get his attention

"Not now, bud." Ryu tells him wanting to stay focused.

With the group

"He is gonna do it this time. I have a good feeling about this." D'Angelo states optimistically.

"What does a good feeling feel like?" Alex asks him.

"He better get that thing open. He's been working on it for weeks. It's starting to control every aspect of his life." Jun reveals to the group worriedly.

"You don't even know the half of it." Tom adds.

"Come on..." Ryu grumbles as he hears something click. "Yes!" he cheers loudly thinking he opened it. "No!" he yells loudly once he sees it's still closed.

"Ooh, so close yet so far." Eugene remarks mockingly.

"See, if you expect disappointment, you're rarely disappointed." Alex advises.

"You should be a life coach." D'Angelo informs her.

"Why won't you just open?" Ryu asks frustrated.

"Hey, Ryu, don't beat yourself up." Jun says trying to calm him down putting a hand on his shoulder. "That thing is a crazy puzzle." she tells him.

"Probably created by an even crazier person." Alex adds walking up to the couple.

"And who knows if there's anything about your connection to Thunder inside." D'Angelo states walking up to them as well gesturing to Thunder.

"There has to be!" Ryu responds firmly. "It has the dragon symbol on it. It's made out of Gronckle Iron just like the shield." he explains to him.

He picks up up a metal spike and puts it against the capsule

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I think I got it." Ryu says to the group as moves the metal spike against the capsule.

Unfortunately, part of the metal spike breaks off

"Gah!" Ryu yells in frustration, throwing the capsule on the ground and surprising the group.

"Ah!" Alex exclaims, startled.

"Ryu, seriously, take a break." Jun tells him, putting a hand on his shoulder again as he picks up the capsule and puts it on his lap.

"No, no, no, no, no." Ryu says quickly. "I-I'm fine." he tells her. "I'm just..." he begins.

"Obsessed." Alex reveals to him.

"I'm not obsessed." Ryu grumbles.

"When's the last time you ate?" D'Angelo asks crossing his arms.

"Breakfast." Ryu answers. "Yesterday." he adds.

"Slept?" Jun interrogates.

"Uh, I'll have to get back to you on that one." Ryu replies.