First Flight: Part 1

*9 years later*

We see a meadow with trees, shrubs and some sheep.

We start to hear the sound of a helicopter as it comes into view scaring the sheep.

Ryu sat in the back watching the view through the window of the helicopter as Tom spoke up

"This thing go any faster mom?" he asks excited while looking through the window.

Their mom chuckled at his excitement

"Any faster, Tom, and the blades will come off." she says jokingly.

Since Ryu knew how excited his little brother was, he let him sit in the front, so he could have the best view

"Okay. Just ahead, over this row of trees." she informs them.

"You 2 ready for this?" she asks while giving Tom a knowing smirk.

"I think you know the answer to that." Tom says as knowing that the answer was obvious.

"Yeah, this is gonna be very interesting." Ryu replies.

He leaned forward in his seat when he saw it

"Whoa! The Kullersen Fissure." Tom marvels while seeing the fissure.

"Say mom, how deep is that thing actually?" Ryu asks, intrigued.

"It's been scanned to be deeper than the Mariana. Over 7 miles down. Of course, at that depth you find, poisonous gas, razor-sharp rocks, rivers of lava." She explains.

Tom turns to look at his mom

"You had me at poisonous gas" he says while smiling.

"And me at rivers of lava." Ryu adds with a smile.

Ryu & Tom resume looking at the fissure when suddenly Ryu saw lightning flash for a split second at what he thinks was the bottom

They looked forward as they saw something in the distance

"Is that...?" Tom starts asking.

"Project ICARIS" Olivia finishes.

"It looks awesome." Ryu says.

"ICARIS 1 on approach." she says through the helicopter comm.

"Come around back, ICARIS 1. We're just finishing a cargo drop and getting the VTOL outta your way." Ryu heard an adult male saying.

Their mom landed the helicopter as Ryu opened the door and he and Tom got outta the helicopter

"All right, let's head to the fissure." he says excitedly, he stops when he notices a large white hat in front of him.

"Aaah. Hat?" he asks, confused.

They looked down and saw Jun's mom, May

"Thomas, Ryu how you've grown. The last time I saw you 2, you 2 jumped into the polar bear habitat at the zoo." she says while pointing at them. "What a ruckus." she laughs to herself. "Hope you learned from that experience." she continues while looking sternly at them.

They didn't dare to reply

Once she saw their mom, she went back to her upbeat self

"Doctor Kullersen." she announces loudly.