Chapter 26: Their first kiss

TW: Mentions of d34th

June 2, 2039 (Friday)...

Sweetheart and Selever were sitting on a park bench. Sweetheart was eating a chocolate chip cookie and drinking a Strawberry crème frappe and Selever was drinking a chocolate crepe frappe and eating a chocolate chip macadamia cookie. They had just left Starbucks, and had decided to eat and drink what they had ordered outside. Sweetheart laid her head on her boyfriend's shoulder and Selever, in response to that, wrapped an arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"Feeling better?" Selever asked.

"Beep (I dunno)." Sweetheart beeped. "Beep ske doop bop bap bo (I mean, I feel less sad, but I still feel really sad, so I'm not sure if it counts as being "better")."

"Regardless of how happy you are, so long as you're not as sad as you were before, that counts as being better, but not fully better."

"Beep bop boo (In that case, I feel a little bit better, then)."

Selever smiled. "Glad to know that, Roach."

The next few minutes were spent in silence. They ate their cookies and drank their frappes, enjoying each other's company. Selever chilled and, at the same time, thought of what else to do to make his girlfriend feel better while Sweetheart was just in the moment and enjoying it.

"Is there anything else I can do to help cheer you up?" Selever asked.

"Beep ske doop bop (I'd like to sing a song with you)." Sweetheart beeped. "Beep bop bap (I miss singing with you and my family and our friends)."

"Before we were brought in this world, mom wrote this song called "Angelius" to comfort blue [bish] when his twin sister d!3d and said that we can use it to comfort others when they're sad or going through a hard time and the lyrics are really soothing and comforting, so I thought that maybe I could comfort you with it if you asked to sing with me." He took out a paper and gave it to her. "This is a really easy piece, so you should have no issue with this."

"Beep bop (I like the lyrics)." Sweetheart beeped. "Beep ske doop bap (Let's sing it)." Selever smiled.

Song: Angelius (Selever vs Sweetheart)

After the song, Sweetheart and Selever were laughing, just being themselves and having fun in the moment.

"I know this is out of the blue, but...can I kiss you?" Selever asked once the laughter died down. "Like, on the lips? I've seen dad and dedushka do it with mom and babushka to comfort them, and I thought that I could give it a try with you. But only if you want to."

"Beep bo (I'd actually like that)." Selever smiled, and slowly leaned in before gently pressing his lips against hers. Her eyes fluttered shut as she kissed back.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close, and she, in response to this, wrapped her arms around his shoulders. The two briefly let go for air before going back to kissing, and repeated a few more times before pulling away for a final time.

"I...really, really like you, Roach." Selever said. He then mentally cursed himself for saying he "really liked her" rather than "loved her". He knew that his feelings for her were more than just a crush, as he's been in love with her for a decade. He just couldn't get his [crap] together and chided himself for being a coward like his dad.

Luckily, she didn't mind. "Beep bop bap ske bloop bop (I really, really like you too, Sel)."

***

Sweetheart and Selever walked out of the cinema after watching an hour-long movie that Sweetheart has been DYING to see for weeks now. Today was the last day it was gonna be showing in theaters, and she didn't wanna miss any of it, so she held it in when she needed to pee and only went to the washroom after the movie finished.

"Normally, I hate rom-coms, but that was actually pretty cool." Selever said. "What did you think about it, Roach?"

"Beep! (It was great!)" Sweetheart answered. "Beep bop bap bo (I also loved the fact that a sapphic couple was the romantic lead of the film)."

"Agreed." Selever replied. The two childhood friends talked about everything they loved about the movie until they had reached the church Selever and his family lived in.

"Welp, this where we part ways. See ya around, Roach!" He gave her a peck on the lips before entering the church.

Sweetheart smiled. "Beep bop (See you, Sel)."

---

Credits:

Characters

· Sweetheart (owned by me)

· Selever (owned by Dokki.Doodlez)

Song(s)

· Angelius (composed by Roller Lhite)

A/N: I have another idea! Whoop whoop! I rlly enjoy writing these chapters where Sweetheart and Selever are just chilling. Maybe, if I have enough ideas for the next chapter, I could put in some songs from the After The Week mod in it. Anyways, that's it. Have a good day/afternoon/night peeps!!