Chapter 20: Once upon a time...

A/N: I realized that I'm a dog person and not a cat person and since Sweetheart is based on me, I'm changing her to a dog person. Also, sorry for the slow update. My school year started so...yeah.

Content Warning: Monster's physical appearance in this chapter, as well as the lyrics to Boogieman, may be disturbing.

Sweetheart, Bestie and Partner were sitting on a park bench waiting for Selever, Rasazy and Bell. Sweetheart and Bestie were taking turns petting a white miniature poodle with blue eyes who was laying down on Bestie's lap while Partner was playing with a red shih tzu with dark brown eyes.

"Hey." The Hatsune siblings (Sweetheart, Bestie and Partner) looked up from what they were doing and saw Selever and his sisters. The siblings greeted back.

"Are these the dogs you got last week that you told us about?" Selever asked.

"Beep. (Yup!)" Sweetheart beeped. "Beep ske doop bop ba. (The dog on Bestie's lap is a poodle that we decided to name Navssie and nickname Ness, she's 12 weeks old.)"

"The dog you saw me playing with is a Shih Tzu that I decided to name Yon because he's 4-weeks-old and Yon is four in Japanese." Partner said.

"Me, my siblings and our mom have wanted a dog for as long as we could remember and, for years, begged Grandpa Dearest and Grandma Mearest to let us adopt one." Bestie said.

"Beep ske doop bop ba ske doo bloop. (They didn't let us because they thought we weren't responsible enough to handle it.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"Last Sunday was when they had enough and decided to relent." Partner said. "My big sisters wanted a poodle; I wanted a shih tzu and our parents wanted a golden retriever. We couldn't pick which one out of all of them to adopt, so we decided to adopt all three of them and claim ownership to the breed each of us wanted."

"Oh okay." Rasazy said.

"The lil' mother[funkers] are cute, that's one thing for sure." Selever said. Rasazy glared at her older brother for his language as Bell turned to the Hatsune twins (Sweetheart and Bestie).

"Why'd you decide to name her Navssie?" Bell asked.

"Beep ske doop bop ba. (Bestie wanted to name her Navy, which is a shade of her favorite color and I wanted to name her Lassie, which was based on an encounter me and Selever when we were younger.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"Since we both own her, we decided; "why not combine "navy" and "lassie" and make her name unique?"" Bestie said.

"That's very clever." Rasazy said.

"Was our meeting with Boy and Girl what made you wanna name her Lassie?" Selever asked, turning to Sweetheart.

"Beep. (Yup!)" Sweetheart beeped.

"First of all, who are Boy and Girl?" Bestie asked. "Second of all, what meeting are you talking about?"

"The meeting we're talking about happened on a sleepover we had when we were 7." Selever said.

"Beep ske doop bop bap. (Me and Selever were in his room and you and Bell were in their room.)" Sweetheart beeped. "Beep ske bop bap boo dop bap... (Me and Selever couldn't sleep, so we decided to just talk about whatever we could think of when all of a sudden...)"

Flashback...

It was midnight in Philly on the 1st of November 2029 (the present of this fic is set in 2039). Everyone in the secret rooms in the Phantom Cathedral (named after the OG FNF creator bc I can't think of anything better and Eff Cee Cathedral is taken) was asleep, except for two children.