Chapter 21: Sad Wednesday

TW: This chapter is set in a funeral, which may be extremely d*pr*ssing to some. There are also mentions of de*th, heart problems and g*nsh*t wounds.

May 3, 2039

Sweetheart, her siblings, her parents, her paternal family members, Seraphina and her dad were currently gathered outside, attending a private funeral. Sweetheart and Bestie were in front of the grave, facing the others, ready to give their eulogy.

"As you all know, today, we are here to witness the burial of uncle BB." Bestie said. She was wearing a dark gray, long-sleeved blouse, a black, knee-length skirt and matching flats.

 She was wearing a dark gray, long-sleeved blouse, a black, knee-length skirt and matching flats

"Beep ske doop bop. (To me and my siblings, he was more like a father to us rather than an uncle.)" Sweetheart beeped. She was wearing a black, long-sleeved dress with a knee-length skirt and flats that were the same color as her dress.

"The incident that happened 19 years ago caused him to have heart problems, so we all knew he was going to die eventually, but we never knew we had to say goodbye to him when he was just 43

"The incident that happened 19 years ago caused him to have heart problems, so we all knew he was going to die eventually, but we never knew we had to say goodbye to him when he was just 43." Bestie said. Her usually pink lip gloss was replaced with red, matte lipstick. "No parent wants to outlive their child, and we can only imagine how Grandma Mom and Grandpa Dad feel right now. They're not here right now because the plane from Japan to here hasn't landed yet, but we know they're grieving just as much as we are."

"Beep ske doop bop bap. (He was a really sweet and heroic guy, taking that shot for mom because he knew how much she and dad loved each other.)" Sweetheart said. She was wearing nude lipstick rather than her usual lip gloss and her usually black mascara was now colorless.

"It was his birthday yesterday." Bestie said. "We made a cake for him and we were planning on giving it to him that day, but now that he's dead, we're just gonna leave it there for the ants to eat."

"Beep ske doop bop bap beep bee. (Happy Birthday, uncle BB.)" Sweetheart beeped.

"You will be missed." Bestie said, finishing her sister's sentence.

"Beep ske doop ba. (In memory of him, we will be singing a couple songs before leaving.)" Sweetheart beeped. "Beep bop ba. (Me and my siblings will go first.)"