Chapter 8: Thunder and Lightning

Sweetheart laid down and closed her eyes, trying to ignore the thunder and go back to sleep. Which was easier said than done.

BOOM!

Sweetheart covered her ears, feeling herself begin to tear up as the sound of the thunder amplified in volume.

BOOM!

That's when it started. The auburn-haired girl was getting overloaded.

BOOM!

The seams of her pajamas felt like pins and needles stabbing her skin and the room felt like it was 100 Degrees Fahrenheit, even if the air conditioning was on.

BOOM!

Selever woke up to the sound of crying. He sat up and saw Sweetheart curled up, facing away from him and covering her ears as she sobbed, wanting the thunder to stop.

"Roachy?" Selever asked. Sweetheart didn't respond. She wanted to, but she just...couldn't.

BOOM!

Selever remembered that there was a library in the church that had books that were many centuries old in it. The library's walls were soundproof and could block any outside noise, even Ruv's voice. He picked up Sweetheart and carried her bridal style, making his way to the library.

When he went inside, he saw that Rasazy and Partner were also there. Rasazy was sitting on the floor and Partner was laying down on Rasazy's lap, playing with the hem of her skirt. "Hey, Sel." Rasazy greeted, noticing them walk in.

"Hey." Selever said, sitting Sweetheart down on the floor.

"I'll get some water for her." Rasazy said, taking a glass that was beside her and giving one of the ribbons in her hair to her boyfriend so that he could stim on it by rubbing his fingers between it. Partner sat up so that she could walk out of the library to get water for Sweetheart.

"You okay, Roachy?" Selever asked. Sweetheart nodded her head. After a few minutes, Rasazy walked back in and gave Sweetheart the glass of water, which the latter drunk.

"Can you try beeping something?" Selever asked. Sweetheart shook her head. She did feel better, but she still found herself unable to beep anything.

Selever nodded, putting her on his lap and pressing her to his chest, running his hands through her hair. Sweetheart's left hand made it's way to the tip of one of his wings and she started to rub her fingers between it. Partner and Rasazy smiled, looking at each other.

"I really wonder when they're gonna get together." Partner said.

"Yeah." Rasazy said. "I do too."

---

Credits:

Characters

· Sweetheart (owned by me)

· Selever (owned by Dokki.Doodlez)

· Partner (owned by me)

Rasazy (owned by Dokki.Doodlez)