Chapter 74: The Prime and the Archivist

Normal Perspective:

A few hours had passed since Michael had brought Orion, Elita, Jetfire, Tailgate, and Skyquake back to life, and it was now mid-morning.

Skyquake and Dreadwing had gone out for a flight together.

Jetfire was talking with Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Ultra Magnus. Miko also joined in, ecstatic over having new Autobots around, and another Wrecker no less, and talked a mile a minute with the large seeker.

Tailgate had gone out with Arcee, Jack, Vince, and Cliffjumper to catch up with the blue femme and to get to know her other partners, as well as find a vehicle mode and to get used to being on Earth.

Elita was talking with June, sharing their experiences with raising children with each other, and learning just how similar, yet different, it was between the two species.

Orion, however, was sitting alone. He had spoken with Ratchet, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Starscream, and the humans at length since he was familiar with them. He had also spoken with Cliffjumper, Arcee, Jack, and Vince before they had left, but they were the only ones he spoke to, for he shied away from everyone else as he didn't know them.

The humans were surprised at how different Orion was to Optimus now that they were both together, as Orion expressed a lot more emotion than the Prime ever did, even going as far as laughing a few times, much to the surprise of everyone.

They remembered when Ratchet had said how different Optimus had been before he'd been made a Prime, and now they had proof of his claim.

They even found the clerk to be almost as adorable as Bumblebee was, in a way, and often brought it to Optimus's attention, who usually had no reply.

The archivist looked around, spotting Optimus talking with Elita and Ratchet, and stared at the Prime.

He felt incredibly nervous whenever he was around him.

Like Megatronus before that fateful day at the High Council, he felt that he was far from being noticeable by the Prime, for he was but a simple clerk, while Optimus was the famous leader of the Autobots that everyone, ally or otherwise, seemed to have respect for, whether they wanted to or not.

He also remembered how he lacked the fighting spirit that Optimus seemed to be so renouned for, remembering how he had easily been taken down by Megatron in a single blow.

The only skill he knew was being an archivist and being able to decode files, and that was it, but with the entire Iacon Database having been decoded, there was no use for his skills, especially since Optimus was at the same skill level he was at.

What worth did someone like him have to Optimus's team?

The Prime looked over, seeing that the young archivist was staring at him, who looked away shyly, and Optimus, after saying something to Elita and Ratchet, walked over to the clerk.

"I take it you are feeling nervous being around a person of high status such as me." The Prime began, knowing exactly how Orion was feeling, for he too had been in his position, literally, when he first began talking with Megatronus before that fateful day.

"I... um... yes... you... could say that..." The clerk said shyly as he looked away.

Optimus smiled slightly, remembering how he had literally once been in his place.

"You do not need to feel nervous, Orion, for you are welcome here." Optimus said.

"But... what worth do I have here when I'm just an archivist...?" The clerk asked, frowning.

"Every member of my team has their worth, no matter who or what they are." Optimus said, smiling. "And that includes you. Your pure Spark and kind, wise words are more than enough."