Chapter 15: Predatory

Normal Perspective:

It had been a week since Vince became a member of Team Prime.

Within that time, the young redhead had grown to enjoy being at the base, and had also done his best to stop bullying the others. It wasn't a complete change, but he was making progress. Arcee soon found that she didn't have to watch over him as much as she watched over Jack, since Vince had his own car and didn't need to rely on the Autobots to get around.

Vince also had other things to do outside the base, such as his job at the auto-repair shop, so he didn't spend all his time at the base, but the time he did spend there did allow the Autobots to grow on him, and vice-versa, but it was still a large adjustment for him, and it was still going to be long time for the whole reality of Team Prime's existence to sink in for him, but it was a start.

Jessica still didn't speak to him much, and his home-life hadn't really gotten any better, but the redhead didn't let it get to him, and continued with his slow adjustment to his new life.

One day, The six teens were at the base, hanging in the human area, when Ratchet detected an Energon reading.

"Optimus," The CMO called, and the Prime walked over. "I'm detecting an Energon reading in a forest in Canada." Optimus thought for a moment, before turning to Arcee.

"Arcee, you will go and investigate." The Prime said. Arcee nodded, but then Jack spoke up.

"Can I go with?" The raven-haired teen asked.

"Since this is only reconnaissance, you may accompany her." Optimus replied, and Jack smiled.

"I'll go with." Michael said, and got up. "I never go outside much for a simple walk anymore, and it'll be nice to enjoy the outdoors for a change."

"I'll go to!" Miko said, and also got up.

"And encounter spiders in the forest that will just end with you screaming?" Michael asked, smirking.

"On second thought... I'll pass this time." She replied, blushing with embarrassment, while the others tried not to laugh.

Taking a scanner, Arcee, Michael, and Jack walked over to the Groundbridge. Ratchet fired it up, and the trio walked through.

Michael's POV:

  As much as I don't like insects, the walk through the forest was rather nice, I will admit. Jack, however, kept getting bit by mosquitoes. They also bit me, but it didn't bother me as much as it did him.

"Really wish I'd packed some insect repellent." Jack said, as kept trying to swat them away. "Mosquitoes out here on this routine recon are the size of vampire bats. And they drink about as much blood. Ow!" He said, as another mosquitoe bit him on the arm.

"Quite the outdoorsman, aren't you Jack?" Arcee asked, smirking slightly.

"You wouldn't be makin' fun of my survival kit?" Jack asked, mocking slight offense.

"Maybe." Arcee replied, her smirk getting bigger.

"I may not have stinger-proof metal skin, Arcee." Jack said, smirking back. "But in a pinch, I can use my multi-function pocket knife and magnesium fire-starter to cook up some freeze-dried mac and cheese."

"You have your tools, and I have mine." Arcee replied.

"Try being a runaway for a weeks like I did, Jack." I spoke up, adding to the conversation. "Those two things alone won't get you very far."

"What did you have with you during that time?" He asked. I was about to reply when Arcee's scanner started beeping.

"That's odd." Arcee said, confused. "Ratchet's satellite scans were accurate. But subterranean Energon deposits don't make this kind of surge..."